Yes, by someone who didn't know I had aspergers/was autistic 42%  42%  [ 147 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 18 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 348

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 8:54 pm

No, I've never been bullied. I suffered some in the hands of a controlling friend, she hit me once, threw my backpack on the pond etc. But that wasn't bulling, it wasn't pervasive psychological/emotional/physical humilliation based on different hierarchies, but rather I was too naive to see she had bad intentions. When I realised it I just went away and didn't talk to her anymore.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

No, I've never been bullied. I suffered some in the hands of a controlling friend, she hit me once, threw my backpack on the pond etc. But that wasn't bulling, it wasn't pervasive psychological/emotional/physical humilliation based on different hierarchies, but rather I was too naive to see she had bad intentions. When I realised it I just went away and didn't talk to her anymore.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 8:55 pm

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm

Wow something weird happened here. Don't know how to delete repeated posts though

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

In order to bully me they first would have had to catch me.

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2014, 8:32 pm

Been bullied a lot before I was finally diagnosed. Mostly by my own blood related family members, then once they found out I was Autistic they stopped. Now I think they feel bad. Serves them right though.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- Albert Einstein

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 9:42 am

Unfortunately, yes.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 1:35 am

Yes one day on the bus for acting different than others in Tennessee in 4th grade (got a black eye and the bus driver was a jerk) Afterward they put me on a different bus with those that couldn't be on the regular bus and I got along real well and the new bus driver was really nice.
In the first three quarters of 9th grade in Kissimmee I was bullied by Obama supporters just because I answered a question on who I supported (which was McCain) and they suddenly went into an antagonistic racist mode like a bunch of robots afterward, some of the teachers I had in 8th and 9th grade also worshiped Obama and that didn't help.

Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm

not really, actually. i'm pretty much ignored.
i was pushed around, figuratively and literally by some goons in junior high for a bit, but nowadays everything is okay with them. even the kid who pushed me into lockers and slammed my face into my desk has gotten over it. we're not exactly friends, but still...we make masturbation jokes.

Mais c'est la mort qui t'a assassinée, Marcia,
C'est la mort qui t'a consumée, Marcia,
C'est le cancer que tu as pris sous ton bras,
Maintenant, tu es en cendres, cendres...

BERNIE 2020 - cause it's not red vs. blue, it's the 1% vs. you

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 4:41 am

Sometimes, I was bullied by people who knew I had Asperger's. Other times, I was bullied by people who DIDN'T know I had Asperger's.

DreamingCloud7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2014, 5:04 am

Yes I have been bullied on a number of occasions both physically and emotionally throughout my life.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2014, 9:29 pm

I was bullied a lot in public school (they didn't know I had autism.) I was also treated like an outcast by the other students. The bullying stopped when my parents took me out of public school in 5th grade and started homeschooling me.

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2018, 5:20 pm

Yes, but mostly because of my mutism.

I've also been harassed twice before (in my teens), 1. teen male 2. teen female.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 5:14 pm

Yes, but I did have a lot of good friends, too. The bullies were usually the school troublemakers.