Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hopetobe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Sep 2012, 8:25 am

Sometimes I have a strange sense for humor which no one else understands. I find funny things that others don´t find funny. Do you?

charlulz
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2012, 8:29 am

My humor can be pretty out there, I am not really into offensive humor but I find some of the weirdest things hilarious. I'm a huge fan of anti-humor (such as the tim and eric awesome show) and I find images and sounds really funny.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 9:42 am

My brother may not have Asperger's, but he really has a somewhat warped, very dry sense of humor. Although I think one of the reason's I love him is that we share it somewhat. But I have sometimes laughed at things that other people have found really weird, stupid or annoying, like... The Annoying Orange! He got TOO annoying after a couple of vids, however. And then there was this YouTube video with the title This is NOT Funny, and it showed an anthromorphic wolf creature dancing with hearts and rainbows while what sounds like Roy Rooster or Binky the Clown from the old Garfield and Friends is singing this insane happy birthday song And then the video replays backwards at various speeds. I laughed but according to a lot of of other YouTubers it was totally not funny. So do I still have the sense of humor of a 10-year-old or what? However, when a video has the title "Try to watch this without laughing" I almost never even smile. Maybe because when they SAY it will be funny and make you laugh I expect it to not be and I am usually right. I also find TV shows that are supposedly comedies but have no laughtrack like The Office very UNfunny. If I hear "That's what SHE said" one more time.... :evil:

The Insane Happy Birthday Song (to the tune of Frere Jaque)
"Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday,
Whoopty-doo, Whoopty-doo,
Don't be so unpleasant,
Open up the present
Just for you, just for you!"

Australia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2012, 9:48 am

these following movies define my humour

Borat
Bruno
Step brothers
Anchorman
Tropic thunder

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2012, 10:05 am

I used to think I had a strange sense of humour, until I saw internet humour.

PixelPony
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2012, 10:44 am

Well, I find my sense of humor perfectly normal. Everyone else has a strange sense of humor. Which I know is another way of saying the same thing.

I really enjoy clever "high brow" humor. Slapstick and awkward situation humor falls flat for me.

I will also find things in my environment completely hilarious and have absolutely no way to explain what's funny or delightful. Those are the ones that make people stare sometimes.

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

My favorite joke:

Jean-Paul Sartre was sitting in a cafe. A waitress came up and asked if he would like to order. He said, "I'd like a cup of coffee with no cream." The waitress replied, "I'm sorry, sir, but we're out of cream. Would you like some coffee with no milk?" :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:03 pm

Hmm, I find Aspies have better sense of humour than some young girls do. I find young girls (teens AND 20s) that randomly laugh at me (sometimes even point at me!) when I'm just appearing as a normal person walking along in the street.....

Minim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2012, 12:05 pm

I have a sense of humor that is almost as bad as my fathers. He's always making bad jokes when I'm at his place. And sometimes I don't get jokes everyone else does.

I do enjoy some sitcoms and some stand-up acts, also some comedic songs.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:12 pm

I have to say my sense of humor is odd. I'm about the only 29 year male in the world who can get pre-school aged children to laugh at his jokes. Strangely enough it seems many of my jokes go over the heads of my peer group because I have such an advanced vocabulary. On second thought, they probably don't know whether it's appropriate to laugh at what I saw since I dressed like I'm homeless, work in a 'blue collar' job but talk like a university professor. :lol:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 1:17 pm

Oh, most definitely. A workmate said something about hanging himself and I immediately went into "White Punks On Dope" by the Tubes. He shares most of my sense of humor, but that was apparently a bit much.

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

Yah, I know what you mean. People often laugh at things that I say when I'm being serious...Then there's always an awkward moment when I don't smile or laugh with them.
I also find things hilarious that others just don't understand. There are a million Dr. Zoidberg (Futurama) lines like this. There not parts of the show that most people find funny(at least, not that I talk to), but they just tickle my funny bone somehow.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 1:27 pm

If I have a sense of humor, I can only imagine it would strange, morbid and slightly dirty.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:30 pm

My sense of humor ranges from the mildly stupid to the incredibly intellectual. It all depends on how it hits me. For example, I used to find watching Conan the Barbarian hilarious. However, there is some stuff that is so dumb, bad and predictable that I just look at the people who are laughing at it, shake my head and walk away. This would include such intellectual travesties as the "Jackass" series of movies and anything that generally only appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 4:17 pm

japan wrote:
Yah, I know what you mean. People often laugh at things that I say when I'm being serious...Then there's always an awkward moment when I don't smile or laugh with them.
I also find things hilarious that others just don't understand.

I think that finding odd thing hilarious is an ASpie trait.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 4:41 pm

Probably. I joke about anything like word play, jokes about autism, and I have a natural sense of humor. People find me funny nonetheless. I find people fail to laugh at my humor when I try to be funny intentionally but when I don't even try, people find me funny. I also joke about peoples stupidity and their views. But according to my mother, my humor is sometimes hurtful.

I remember going through a phases where I loved blonde jokes and I loved telling them and looking them up online. Then I would go around and joke about peoples blond hair. One time this blond boy in my special ed room crashed into the door when one of our teachers opened it. he pretended he was hurt so he was walking around in circles and walked into the lockers. My teacher said he walked into the door on purpose. I said he did that because he was a blond. The teachers laughed. He also had a habit of shouting all of a sudden as if he had Tourette's so one day when I was 17, I joked he had it.

I remember in London, my mom was walking too slow and slowing me down so I told her we needed a wheelchair for her. She did not take it well. Then later she admitted it was funny but at the time she didn't find it funny because her feet and legs were sore and I wanted her to walk quicker. I still laugh about it when I think of that memory.

And sometimes I do random jokes like the time when I was 16, we stopped in some town in Montana to sleep there over night. We went miniature golfing and we get to a hole that was paved with bricks. I said "This be Anita's favorite hole. But too bad she won't be able to pick them up to hit anyone with them." Then mom got the joke knowing what I was referring to. Anita out of 101 Dalmatians when she hit Roger with her bag and she had three bricks in it.

And I share my sense of humor in my signature. Someone told me that joke on another website and I liked it so I took it from there. I notice there is some dark humor in the movie and in the deleted scenes. My favorite one is where Bodine tells the old Rose "Let me get this straight, you were going to kill yourself by jumping off of Titanic. All you had to do was wait two days." I wished they kept it in the movie.

I also love my husband's humor and it's also word play. My favorite one is when I told him I got him a stroller. He said "I won't fit in it." I took him seriously and he told me it was a joke. He also jokes about having two kids instead of one. Gosh no wonder four kids is too much for him, he'd ended up with five kids. :lol: But we can't afford that many anyway and have no room for all four. Now he can joke about having enough kids in the house; my dad, me and our son.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.