Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 7:03 pm

One thing I'm not liking already is the amount of quest phasing they've put into the game. It pretty much means your going to be forced to complete quests in nearly all the zones to unlock simple things like flight paths and profession trainers. I'm not a fan of questing (particularly in overcrowded areas) so I've taken other paths to leveling in the past. It doesn't look like that is an option in MoP.

jayroo79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2012, 1:20 am

Rakshasa72 wrote:
One thing I'm not liking already is the amount of quest phasing they've put into the game. It pretty much means your going to be forced to complete quests in nearly all the zones to unlock simple things like flight paths and profession trainers. I'm not a fan of questing (particularly in overcrowded areas) so I've taken other paths to leveling in the past. It doesn't look like that is an option in MoP.

Questing can become a pain if you are playing during peak hours. One thing you will want to do is group up with other people who are working towards the same goal. It helps to speed the process up considerably. I have the luxury of playing during non peak hours so I can farm and quest to my heart's content. I also happen to be currently leveling multiple characters so I find that the massive herd of people questing is usually in the next zone over on their mad dash to level 90 for whatever reasons they may have.

If anyone needs or wants any kind of help, with the advent of Real ID, I may be willing to help out. I have a healer, tank and dps that I am ok with and would not mind having some new friends in the game. Send me a WP forum message stating your interest if you are interested in my offer.

"Power is the reason that we all are fighting for, control your body, your soul and heart. Yes- some of us who surrender are like lambs to the slaughter; get the power & try harder to reach the next stage."
-SMT III

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 4:47 am

I must be a glutton for punishment because I'm enjoying my warlock more even though my dps kind of sucks so far compared to my mage. I tried destro but its about 10k behind the top T14 spec and its not as fun as affliction imo. I guess the problem is that stuff dies so fast in normal MOP dungeons so far, I can do good on bosses at least. Don't really understand why GoSac has a minute long cooldown either.

Really enjoying pandria, about halfway to level 87. I'll probably do a few more quests and go to bed.

Rakshasa72 wrote:

I thought they were going to go back to the WOTLK/BC model of Christmas tree quest hubs too. I'm only in Jade Forest so maybe it changes. I'm at least enjoying myself more than I did doing Hyjal the first time.

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2012, 7:05 am

Playing as Monk at the moment and it's pretty... ok at low levels.
Tank is pretty god mode since they can AoE so much, just throw a cask and spam flame breath twice and you can go browse reddit for a while.
Healing is pretty brain dead at lower levels and super boring since you got only channel heal that is bugged if you spam it.
Dps is quite fun though, since you can jump and glide around.

Buuut... they don't really feel fun at all for now.
I'm lvl 30 so maybe it will pick up soon~

I'm probably going to level my Hunter though since they are going to rock at PvP
I haven't yet touched Pandaria content yet though~

What server is everyone playing on anyway?
I'm on Sporeggar EU and it's pretty much dead even at the start of MoP

jayroo79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2012, 2:01 am

I'm on Zul'jin. It's a really old server. Everyone here is either rich or incredibly poor in game.

"Power is the reason that we all are fighting for, control your body, your soul and heart. Yes- some of us who surrender are like lambs to the slaughter; get the power & try harder to reach the next stage."
-SMT III

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 9:42 pm

I just hit 90 on my warlock a couple of hours ago. Tried a scenario and it was pretty fun, pandemic seems like a really nice passive where I don't have to worry about clipping dots as much though uptime for demo is pretty easy and destro only has immolate. Guess I'll work on getting my item level up for heroics.