Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Australia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2012, 2:44 am

Its a nissan 300zx twinturbo, painted in dodge viper blue pearl. everything on it cost me alot but it was so worth it. im still not finished yet.

Anyone else got a sports car? or have love for cars in general.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 8:24 am

1984 Toyota Celica Supra. $1500. In my garage with the engine about to be pulled. If I get some cash, I'm thinking it'd be smart to get an Aristo 2JZ-GTE and keep my car auto and just put the newer Aristo trans on the Supra, as my A43DE has 250K on it anyway. Auto would be way cheaper to do, as I wouldn't need a custom bellhousing and a new clutch and all that, just new driveshaft. I could also do Lexus V8, again with an auto. The V8 seems an appealing swap (it's dirt cheap for the engine itself,) but I like the feel of I6s a lot, they rev nicely to me.

Don't mind the wipers being up. Oops.

But currently due to a variety of circumstances, I've not gotten any work done on the car at all. It sucks.

Australia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2012, 9:14 am

1000Knives wrote:
1984 Toyota Celica Supra. $1500. In my garage with the engine about to be pulled. If I get some cash, I'm thinking it'd be smart to get an Aristo 2JZ-GTE and keep my car auto and just put the newer Aristo trans on the Supra, as my A43DE has 250K on it anyway. Auto would be way cheaper to do, as I wouldn't need a custom bellhousing and a new clutch and all that, just new driveshaft. I could also do Lexus V8, again with an auto. The V8 seems an appealing swap (it's dirt cheap for the engine itself,) but I like the feel of I6s a lot, they rev nicely to me.

Don't mind the wipers being up. Oops.

But currently due to a variety of circumstances, I've not gotten any work done on the car at all. It sucks.

ive always liked the old school supra better then the new one. nice car man

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

That's a nice car you've got. I also like the older cars. 8)

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 1:12 pm

I have a musclecar that I'm working on right now. It's a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with a 355 Chevy, TH200 4R transmission (yuk!), 3.23 gears, and a number of other touches. I set up the suspension for handling with polyurethane bushings, stiffer springs, a quick ratio steering box, tubular control arms (rear), and wider wheels and tires than stock. I also did all of the paint and body work on it myself, right down to modifying the front fenders to look stock but be able to run wider tires without rubbing. I did all of the work myself (except for actually assembling the engine since the machine shop did it cheaply enough that it wasn't worth the risk), and even took the body off the frame to change out the body mounts to polyurethane and give the car more stiffness. Sadly though, I will have to sell it soon since I can't afford to put gas in it. It will possibly be replaced by an old school Mini, if I can find one.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 8:12 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
That's a nice car you've got. I also like the older cars. 8)

it's the cars we grew up with , I'm not in to them but I so do want an Alfa GTV V6 mid 80's model as I like the plastic look of them 8O

In red of cause

A sports car with out the price tag to go with it :)