Dog 38%  38%  [ 30 ]
Cat 61%  61%  [ 48 ]
Lizard 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 79

Nikkster26
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2012, 8:53 am

Just wondering if there is a pattern of how many of you guys like cats or dogs or possibly other like lizards. Me personally am a cat and lizard person, I like them because they give you your space when needed and they need space too and I appreciate that.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 8:54 am

Cat... ish. I like dogs, too, but cats are a special interest.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:00 am

Both.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

jonny23
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:08 am

I like dogs because they are the best hunting partners.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:09 am

I prefer cats because they are low maintenance, but I have two dogs I wouldn't want to live without. I feel safer with them around because I live in a rough area and my husband works nights.

I wouldn't mind having a lizard, but with a small autistic child around, I'd fear for its life (the lizard's).

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:15 am

Both. The only problem I have with dogs, is taking them outside to poop and having to pick up that poop. Otherwise dogs are awesome.

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2012, 9:16 am

Im wearing a dog top right now, the hood has dog ears on it :3

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:31 am

There was a study done recently on Cats & Dogs and their relationship to Women & Men. The results were not overwhelming in any respect, but found by a small-moderate majority of women preferred cats and same for Men preferring dogs.

A little more interesting was that the same result was found the other way round. That is by a small-moderate majority Cats prefer women and Dogs prefer men. They talked about the possible reasons, but I forget them to tell you the truth.

One finding, I do remember however was that they found the strongest bond of any (Cat,Dog-Man,Woman) was that between what they termed that between a Neurotic Man and a Neurotic Dog. These had the highest number of contacts between them measured, and they theorized the two frequently sought reassurance and comfort in each other. One thing I do know is that me and my two small chihuahua dogs definately fit that model. We constantly seek each other out during the course of a day.

Nikkster26
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2012, 10:02 am

I like dogs too, i especially like dogs that are concidered outcasts such as pitbulls. We have a pitbull named killer that wouldn't hurt a fly!! Haha but I always get crap about having and a small child. Everyone says you know it's in there blood to be aggressive and some just snap and so on. And they throw all the horrible stories at me. It just makes me want to adopt more pits!! Haha! They really are great dogs who are misunderstood. Maybe that's why I like them? Because I can relate? I also really really want a bearded lizard! I have asked my husband for one for Christmas so will see. I showed him all the research and facts and he seemed pretty fascinated by them.

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2012, 10:05 am

I like them both.

Buttoneater
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2012, 10:15 am

Dogs. Cats would be ok if they were willing to poop in the yard and not in a box that I have to clean.

jonny23
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 10:25 am

Nikkster26 wrote:
I like dogs too, i especially like dogs that are concidered outcasts such as pitbulls. We have a pitbull named killer that wouldn't hurt a fly!! Haha but I always get crap about having and a small child. Everyone says you know it's in there blood to be aggressive and some just snap and so on. And they throw all the horrible stories at me. It just makes me want to adopt more pits!! Haha! They really are great dogs who are misunderstood. Maybe that's why I like them? Because I can relate? I also really really want a bearded lizard! I have asked my husband for one for Christmas so will see. I showed him all the research and facts and he seemed pretty fascinated by them.

When I was a kid my friends sister had a doberman pinscher. She was blowing bubbles one day and I popped a few by swatting them. The dog thought I was hitting her and bit me. Gentle protective dog thought it was protecting its pack. All animals are capable of violence. The ones that are strong enough to do some real damage need to be treated appropriately. If they are then there should never be a problem. All the out of control animals I've ever met had owners that didn't understand what there responsibilities where.

Buttoneater
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

Buttoneater wrote:
Dogs. Cats would be ok if they were willing to poop in the yard and not in a box that I have to clean.

Oh yeah, and my last cat just plain hated me. Maybe I should have gone to an animal shelter instead of saying "Hey, a free cat! I'll go get the trap!" when I saw a stray kitten in my yard.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 10:40 am

I prefer dogs.

Hopetobe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Sep 2012, 10:44 am

I love dogs :heart: but I also like cats.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 10:45 am

I'd say I'm more of a dog person. Dogs tend to bond with me right away, and I find them very sweet and friendly. :D I do like cats, as well....when I ws staying at a friend's house once, there was a cat that was always brushing up against me and tapping me with her paws in order to get my attention.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes