Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Are you religious?
Yes 23%  23%  [ 15 ]
No 77%  77%  [ 49 ]
Total votes : 64

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Sep 2012, 6:01 am

Self explanatory.
---
I was sort of Christian during my formative years, around my teen years I became more religiously apathetic for reasons that I cannot quantify, maybe it was because of the dark aspects of it, what with all the scandals going on it (although I was never affected). I am now pretty much agnostic, for the most part.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

LunaticOnTheGrass
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2012, 10:42 am

Not whatsoever.

That said, I've become better at attempting to study religions, if for nothing else, for their historical implications. I try to look at faith and religion objectively and on its own terms, partially because many of my friends are religious to some degree.

That's still no excuse for morality to be legislated on basis of religion, however.

Diederick
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2012, 2:58 pm

I've identified as Christian for about two months, then I got better with the help of a refreshing slap in the face by reality (Jesus wanted to make me straight). Been a fervent and probably militant atheist ever since. For as far as my life perspectives are concerned, I think I'm an Existential Nihilist and a Humanist, the latter as a result of the other.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 3:03 pm

Very much so.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Nope. Not even a bit.

Hopetobe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Sep 2012, 4:13 pm

I used to be.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 4:45 pm

Not even a little

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Sep 2012, 7:33 pm

No, not really. Religion isn't really part of my life right now. Not that I am an atheist, it just isn't something I think about often.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

Unless there's people who like to believe atheism/anti-theism qualifies as a religion....then no...not religious in the least and never have been.

Morning comes the sunrise and i'm driven to my bed, I see that it is empty and there's devils in my head. I embrace, the many-colored beast...I grow weary of the torment....can there be no peace? I find myself just wishing, that my life would simply cease

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 8:47 pm

Horus wrote:
Unless there's people who like to believe atheism/anti-theism qualifies as a religion....then no...not religious in the least and never have been.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58wgn-9Y3c[/youtube]

ayla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2012, 10:53 pm

I'm an atheist

Vulture
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2012, 10:54 pm

Yes. I'm technically something like a duotheistic panentheist if that phrase makes any sense to you.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 11:30 pm

I'm a born again atheist, baptised in the fire of science and knowledge.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 5:59 am

I voted 'no', as I don't follow a religion. I wondered if there was a god or not up until I was 11 or 12, and then I was never really troubled by such thoughts. A thread of Christianity runs through British life and culture, and I mindlessly sang along with the hymns every morning at school assembly, not really aware what I was singing or who to. I like routine, and could see a comfort for myself in having a religious routine to stick to (some interesting threads in PPR on this of late), but such things have never really struck me.

However, I think that's a different question from the wider sense of being 'religious' about something, where it's about one's attitude and relationship to something. One can be an atheist and still have certain things that are 'sacred'.

Diederick
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2012, 4:44 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Horus wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58wgn-9Y3c

That is lovely, I've had a very nice - turned out to be mormon - lady at my door once. She asked if she could give me a pamphlet, it was about surviving the end of the world; easy-going as I am I said 'sure', and read the invitation to some meeting where they would enlighten me on how I could survive the end of the world.

I would rather make an effort to prevent the end of the world for as far as that is possible, instead of speculating and worrying about the endless possibilities of what might happen after I die; beyond the obvious probability of being nothing at all.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 5:28 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Not even a little

I fail to learn your trolling o_O

I'm not religious. I'm atheist, though I want to look at myself as a human being, normal in its natural form, not affected by social historic movements. That does not need a label. I was critical in my younger years, and then provoked, and then I have just lost more and more respect for religion...... I don't like it at all. I'm sorry, it's personal, very personal.