Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 7:03 pm

Underscore wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Not even a little

I fail to learn your trolling o_O

I'm not religious. I'm atheist, though I want to look at myself as a human being, normal in its natural form, not affected by social historic movements. That does not need a label. I was critical in my younger years, and then provoked, and then I have just lost more and more respect for religion...... I don't like it at all. I'm sorry, it's personal, very personal.

How is saying "not even a little" in response to this question in any way "trolling"?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 7:06 pm

I keep the Noahide Laws.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noahide_laws

ruveyn

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 7:21 pm

Vigilans wrote:
How is saying "not even a little" in response to this question in any way "trolling"?

Saying you swear to Tarvuism in response to another thread is trolling. I just found out that Tarvuism is a parody religion. But I'm not sure if you take it seriously and troll by saying you're not even a little religious. Tarvuism is a big troll, that is a right assumption at least. And I obviously fail at realizing it, I thought you were serious.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 7:23 pm

Underscore wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Saying you swear to Tarvuism in response to another thread is trolling. I just found out that Tarvuism is a parody religion. But I'm not sure if you take it seriously and troll by saying you're not even a little religious. Tarvuism is a big troll, that is a right assumption at least. And I obviously fail at realizing it, I thought you were serious.

I don't think you are actually aware of what trolling is. If you have an issue with my posts take it to the mods, otherwise don't bother me with your incomprehension

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 7:30 pm

I define trolling loosely. I did not in any way mean it to be offensive or accusatory.. it's just about making fun or tricking someone.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

01 Oct 2012, 7:38 am

I honestly do not know where I would want to turn back to religion again.......... given all the seedy things I've heard about it.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 10:57 am

I used to when I was a lot younger until I grew up and studied geology. :D[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik87KahxxRw&feature=related[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 7:07 pm

Yes I am.

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2012, 10:19 am

To me, all religion is BS.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 10:34 am

TrainofLove wrote:

Some of that BS fertilized the arts during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.

ruveyn

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 12:15 pm

ruveyn wrote:
TrainofLove wrote:

Some of that BS fertilized the arts during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.

ruveyn

Also wars have been the times when the field of medicine has improved more than ever. That doesn't make wars "good" or "right".

I'm certainly an atheist.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

I'm a Born Again Christian.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 4:54 pm

In the study, deeply. In practice, partially. I don't keep kosher, I don't go to church.

Zeromancer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

I do believe there is a God, but I have never really gone to church, I'm a protestant.
I follow the 10 commandments and that's about it.
However, I also believe that if God exists, it would go against his nature to put every non believer in hell.
And I also believe that sometimes stealing or some other form of law breaking with good intentions in some situations is alright.

I'm also scientific minded, I doubt that I'll ever be an atheist because there are too much questions left unanswered.
And I'd rather not risk an eternity to make such a daring leap.

trappedinhell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 5:55 am

Diederick wrote:
I've had a very nice - turned out to be mormon - lady at my door once. She asked if she could give me a pamphlet, it was about surviving the end of the world.

Are you sure she wasn't Jehovah's Witness? That's standard JW operating procedure. I was raised Mormon (and my family is all Mormon) and I've never heard of that tactic from my old church. Unless it's some local thing or a new pamphlet. The LDS church has tried to mainstream for the last 30 years and avoids emphasizing the second coming. But I've been out of the loop for 5 years, so who knows?

trappedinhell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 6:08 am

Oh, and I'm a pantheist. I am currently working on a web site that argues that the Bible is pantheist.

If you look at every appearance of God in the Old Testament (you will need a Strong's Concordance and lots of time!) it makes makes the most sense if God is nature, and prophets are his/her avatars. E.g. Moses speaking as God, and for proof he points to the burning bush, the cloud, the thunder, etc. As for the New Testament, John said it best: "in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God." The "word" is "logos" i.e. logic. God is logic, nature, that which "just is." As God said to Moses, "I am that I am." If we think God has done something bad then we need to reinterpret our thinking: how can nature or logic be bad? It just is.

People who claim to follow God frequently do not do so. How was the medieval church godly in any way? Even the Bible is just a record: their prophets made mistakes. Moses was prevented from entering the promised land because of one of his mistakes. The apostles Mark and Paul argued and could not work together. Probably even Jesus made mistakes: his teaching on divorce seems like a huge miscalculation. The point is that we should follow God, not man.

Then why have the Bible at all? Because we can learn from history. We can also learn from stories, as Aesop showed us. I tend to think the Bible is more historical than critics like to think, but that is a whole other topic.

All of this raises questions about whether God is personal, and what Jesus meant by various phrases, and about prophecy etc., hence the need to make a whole web site.

tl;dr IMO Christians and atheists should agree