You're a guy just prescribed ACCUTANE

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 10:31 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Update on this. Loved one has been on Claravis (which is another name for isotretinoin, same ingredient in Accutane but with a different brand name. Not sure if they even manufacture the brand name Accutane any more. Just found this out when the Rx was fulfilled) for over a week now and it is helping the nodular acne go away. It has cleared up some but not completely, No side affects so far except dry skin but we keep a journal to ensure proper dosage. So far so good but how long does it take for acne to clear up entirely?

Anyone know?

Accutane was discontinued, now Isotretinoin is made by several different companies with different brand names.

From what I've read, it's totally-individual how long it takes to reside altogether- some people experience a worsening of acne at some point, and then after that it dissolves. Highly-personal.

to his Interest."

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
I had a classmate that developed IBS several years after taking Accutane for acne.
It can also cause Krohn's disease.

There is a statistical correlation between cystic acne and inflammatory conditions of all types.

People don't know how to isolate variables too well.

to his Interest."