Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 1:56 am

do you find you get mad and stressed easily? I often find I have that problems I think things annoy me more then most people. I take things personaly easily, get impatient easily, get stressed easily when I have to do multiple things, and find my anger is more intense compared to most poeple. Do you have that same kind of problem?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

29 Sep 2012, 2:02 am

Yeah, I get this when I read the news, worry about a negative sitch, that thing. But eventually they pass.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Last edited by equestriatola on 29 Sep 2012, 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 2:05 am

My emotions are incredibly intense, but very short-lived. I don't get stressed as often now, compared to when I had to socialize with people on a daily basis.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2012, 5:33 am

Sadly, I have the same problems as you :roll:
It would make life a little better if I didn't have this.

When I get angry I feel as if my brain "won't let me" do otherwise.... I don't know how else to explain it... ;P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 12:11 am

a serendipitous finding for me when i first sought treatment for hypertension, was that the beta blocker [atenolol] they prescribed for me had the salient side effect of eliminating my free-floating anxiety as well as an intentional tremor i used to have. :idea:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Sep 2012, 1:20 am

I have those problems. I think it's pretty common amongst us Aspies. We're not good at multitasking so we are easily stressed by doing more than one thing. We've had lots of misunderstandings with others & we feel like we've been picked on some because of our Aspie issues so it makes sense that we would take things very personally & get upset & us Aspies are very prone to having meltdowns. I have come along way with those issues but I'm stil have them & I think I always will. Learning about Aspergers & trying to analyze myself to figure out why I have problems & how I can better avoid them or deal with them or just manage them. Even posting about things sometimes helps me feel better because I sort things out while I'm doing it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 1:41 am

infilove wrote:
do you find you get mad and stressed easily? I often find I have that problems I think things annoy me more then most people. I take things personaly easily, get impatient easily, get stressed easily when I have to do multiple things, and find my anger is more intense compared to most poeple. Do you have that same kind of problem?

Yes i do :o You described that very well, it actually takes me a huge effort to step out of the situation or distract myself once i'm irritated. With enough willpower its do-able though.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 1:48 am

I wake up stressed out and suffer from insomnia because I am stressed out when I try to sleep. Sometimes it makes sense, but many times I can't even figure out why I am so dang anxious to begin with! I think much of my pain comes from feeling like I am the only person like me in the whole of human existence. I am unique, yet I do not feel that I am wrong. However, this does make me very much alone and so I suffer from a lot of anxiety because I worry about never finding love and dying alone. I have managed to make a mess of other things too and those can conspire to cause me anxiety to no end.

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2012, 5:10 am

Oh yah...I know what mean. It's like one little thing sets off a cascade of negativity. It's best to just avoid people when this starts to happen. Just try not to interact with people for a lil while...maybe concentrate on one of your special interests. I know..It's hard!!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Sep 2012, 12:14 pm

I forgot to mention in my 1st post that not doing well emotionally can play a big part. Something going on in your life or your life circumstances can someteims affect you a lot more than you realize. Figuring out what's going on that could be causing you stress or anxiety or other emotional problems & then working on those things might could help a lot after a while. I notice I feel less anxious, am less angered & can handle changes better when I'm doing well emotionally.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 1:25 pm

infilove wrote:

Yes, all the time. I'm super-impatient (I swear like a trooper whilst driving but not that often otherwise). I get really stressed out and sometimes angry if things don't go the way I have planned them to go. I am normally more likely to go the other way and get withdrawn and such but occasionally the anger happens and when it does happen I can be *awful* - really really intense anger. If I've been legitimately provoked to anger then it will be even worse.

edit: I don't hit people though.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 6:09 pm

Yes, some of the time.

I don't know if have either GAD, PTSD, or Bipolar disorder.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 9:00 am

I used to let anger out but my ex told me it really made him feel sad, so I started holding it in and it turned into depression.

Issit
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2012, 9:18 am

Intense and often illogical emotions...the story of my life.
Working on it, but it is indeed hard to balance it so that nobody gets hurt, lol, and at the same time I do not supress them.
It often helps me to wait and or listen to music prior reacting.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 11:09 am

Mindsigh wrote:
I used to let anger out but my ex told me it really made him feel sad, so I started holding it in and it turned into depression.

Oh did it make the little angel boy feel sad?

He sounds like a prick to me, no wonder you got depressed.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 1:10 pm

Uprising wrote:
Mindsigh wrote:

Oh did it make the little angel boy feel sad?

He sounds like a prick to me, no wonder you got depressed.

No, he isn't a prick. He's just NT, so it never occurred to him that I would take it totally literally and stuff everything down. It came back to bite him though, because I got on some bad depression meds, had a manic episode and ran off and left him.

My mother once gave me some advice that I took a little too well. She said, "How would you feel if [whatever] happened to you?" I really took that to heart a little too much. It turned me into a complete doormat.