Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

In the last Mont my life has dramatically got horrific my brother in particular has started too treat me really bad. For most of 2012 I had an amazing year and I could not believe how well my brother and other people treated me but since september that has changed. In this month as well I was discriminated against at the job centre and got kicked of one of my friends party for drinking too much. I am lashing out at my parents a lot at the moment because of how terrible things have been for me recently.

Recently I turned 23 and maybe my brother were expected me too change? I thought people would start too respect me since iam looking for work but my family have started too despise me more.

Can I have some opinions on why everything is falling apart for me out of the blue? Maybe I don't realize that my behavior has got worse? Its has got too the point were me and my bro are arguing everyday and he is given me a hard time over my behavior and lifestyle.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 3:25 pm

Maybe you could ask your brother to write a list of what he would like changed. I find many people respond well to the phrase: "help me understand" what I did wrong or why you are irritated. If the person is pretty well adjusted, the approach of "let's work this out" is welcomed by them. If they have emotional problems like some personality disorders, sometimes it seems there is nothing you can do.

My ex used to respond with "if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you."

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 4:10 pm

oh my, I'm glad that's your ex.