Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2012, 11:29 pm

Watching my region's radar loop calms me down. http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php
I don't know why, but it does. Especially at night when It feels almost hypnotic.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 12:02 am

Nothing wrong with that at all. :)

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 12:05 am

Oh, that's cool!

Issit
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2012, 4:10 am

devark wrote:
Watching my region's radar loop calms me down. http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php
I don't know why, but it does. Especially at night when It feels almost hypnotic.

:D
Like that too.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 4:32 am

What? An Aspie with a weather data interest? How unusual! /sarcasm

In all seriousness though, I can relate. I pretty much fall asleep to my local radar channel most days and have loved watching weather data for as long as I have had access to the Weather Channel.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 6:21 am

I used to really enjoy watching that. I loved spending time with my grandmother, and she was big on watching the weather. She'd have the weather report on and the weather alert radio whenever possible. I found it soothing.

Something else that calms me down: the sound of trains in the distance.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 9:38 am

Sagroth wrote:
Something else that calms me down: the sound of trains in the distance.

I cannot stand the sound of trains (worse if they're close than from a distance). I had to endure 4 years of living next to three tracks (right beside each other too). Every 5 minutes like clockwork, they'd pass through, shaking the entire dormitory, campus and cafeteria. I guess it's good someone likes them...

I always liked to look at the maps when the weather was being broadcasted and mentally name the states and their capitals along with any random interesting factoid. I always wanted to see how other countries did the weather/forecasts.

I find the following to be oddly calming: the sound of machinegun fire, watching tracer rounds being fired (especially at night), the sound of air raid sirens, playing with cats and wearing body armor (the weight (and how the weight is applied) and overall tightness feels rather comforting and helps to organize my mind).

chiastic_slide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2012, 11:53 am

Yeah thats great. I found one for the UK
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=
Guess what its raining here haha