Ok make good impressions if you care. (Oh wait...) New dude.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Dannyboy271
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2012, 12:06 am

Alright.

Well I need to get used to speaking about Asp to Asp because most my life I denied it, and thought it something to be ashamed of. Anyway, I'll put this in terms of me speaking intelligently to intelligent people instead of terms of me going "Durrr hur dURRRrrrr!" while people reply with "Hurr DURR DURRhh hhuuhh durrr...".

My name's Daniel. Yeah ^^ I have aspergers. Got diagnosed in middle school while I was minding my own business. It all got done when I wasn't looking, and one day my Mom tells me I have a mental illness called aspergers. Now getting called ret*d is not a fun thing to hear, and putting it that way, that's exactly what I thought she meant. She made it sound like I was born on a lower intellectual plane that all of society and could never adapt. Anyway, so I freaked out, denied it, etc... denied it for years, and here I am now. Now I've learned QUITE a bit about aspergers/Hifun-Auti now and I know... I'm not ret*d. And in fact that's not what it was at all.

Okay, I'll get into that in a separate post because people seem to talk more to people who get to the point.

With all that, my interests are ART (All my life, WOOOHH!! ! But I now find that a ton of aspies like art. O_o) I draw a ton, I'm ok at painting but prefer drawing because it's faster. I love sculpting. I love music. (Like most aspies of course.) I play guitar, and messin with piano aimlessly, come up with tons of tunes, but I never remember them or put enough effort in them to put them to songs. I also LOVE parkour/freerunning. It's a sport (some say art but nah imo, maybe martial art.) where one runs n jumps n vaults over stuff to get from point A to B as fast and efficiently as possible. Now that doesn't make sense because aspies have crappy motor skills, (And yes it has impacted my training...) but I eventually overcame that with relentless practice, and now some of my motor skills are better than some NT's, yet I still have some very fail moments that still make my aspie-ness shine!! !

I love technology. (Not cell phones or ipads... like electronic and mechanical engineering.) Right now I'm working on a bi-rotary helicopter that all the crap and tech I pulled from an RC car. It doesn't fly yet... but it will.... bwahahhahahaha!! !! I also made one failed perpetual motion machine, designed like five others that might not work, (But one has got my hopes up, even though it's pseudo perpetual energy.) I also am building a saw, a vacuum chamber, a fuel injected engine... aaaand yeah. Everything else is still in the design process.

I wanna be a mad scientist with my own giant robot, a spaceship (Based off of an intertial propulsion design I came up with.) some minion robots, some more robots, and I really just wanna build and learn every day for the rest of my life. (Plus my other hobbies.)
Unfortunately I'm still trying to move outa my Moms house. I just graduated high school.. so yeah.

Yup, that's all I'll list. On a side note though I have my own philosophy, that of which by my own standards is very in-depth and I plan on writing a book on it WHEN I actually sit down to write it. But I keep coming up with more to add, so I don't know when to start, because I think I'll always be getting more to add.
Anyway, there's bound to be something in there that interests some aspies considering every aspie hobby I've pretty much embraced like a baby and his bottle.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 1:42 am

*Looks at join date*

*Looks at post date*

Um...I take it you're new? xD

Alberto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2012, 11:29 am

Did you ever think to yourself before your mom told you about your aspergers that something was different about yourslef. Did it make you act differently when you found out, did it afffect you at all? I'm new here also and just trying to understand this stuff more.

Dannyboy271
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2012, 12:58 pm

Zodai wrote:
*Looks at join date*

*Looks at post date*

Um...I take it you're new? xD

Hahahahaha! Yeah, I made an account and never used it. It felt weird. Never posted anything, so technically I'm fresh!!

And Alberto, yessss. It's funny actually. I've given myself the "wrong planet" line plenty of times before. I felt a lot like Clark Kent finding his way or Goku trying to relate to normal people. (Without super powers though.) (Finding this website was funny cause of that.) Being in middle school you back then, it drove me... nutsss... Heck, it's weird that so many people on here do and act the same way I do. I haven't met anyone like that my entire life. (Well until recently, I made a post about it in the general AT.)

How could I be so different? Why does the world look so different to me? Why are people so dumb? (<--That's kind of an arrogant remark though.)
I mean I have a birth certificate and everything and look and act very similarly to my Dad. So there was no way I was adopted or born from a meteor shower. DANG! (Though I would've loved the idea, because I was born DURING a meteor shower, which is really cool.)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 7:39 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage