Revealing the Darksider way (online dating tips for males)

Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 9:32 pm

spongy wrote:
MXH wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Venger wrote:
Does anybody here reveal that they're autistic in their profile? It sounds like a bad idea.

I did. The volume of the replies went down, the quality went up*.

That was my experience, as well.

that worked because the both of you were on the receiving end of messages.

Grisha did the same a while ago and he said that while the number of girls he met turned down the quality of the meetings... was much better

since feminine experience and opinion is so worthless to some people...I'll mention that my current SO and I met online, he had mentioned AS in his profile (it was also incredibly funny, which is a difficult thing in the dating profile medium but that's a tangent) and I, a college aged (young enough) woman, messaged him on the strength of those words and one self taken headshot of a scruffy glasses and beard kinda guy. I also wasn't the only one...just saying

It's nice to hear some other people have had success with being open. I don't think it's the only way to be, but I think it's a nice one.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Keyman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2012, 9:58 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
since feminine experience and opinion is so worthless

It's useful, but one should consider systematic bias.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

Keyman wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

exactly. One thing ive learned from taking dating advice from women is women have no idea what each other want.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 10:53 pm

MXH wrote:
Keyman wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

exactly. One thing ive learned from taking dating advice from women is women have no idea what each other want.

that's totally true
we've all distinct separate people, with our own personalities and everything,so really the only way to know what an individual wants is to talk to them

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 10:55 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
MXH wrote:
Keyman wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

that's totally true
we've all distinct separate people, with our own personalities and everything,so really the only way to know what an individual wants is to talk to them

Which is what the guys here are trying to learn. How to talk to those women. Hence 99.9% of what happens in this area

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:06 pm

MXH wrote:
spongy wrote:
MXH wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Venger wrote:
Does anybody here reveal that they're autistic in their profile? It sounds like a bad idea.

I did. The volume of the replies went down, the quality went up*.

That was my experience, as well.

that worked because the both of you were on the receiving end of messages.

Grisha did the same a while ago and he said that while the number of girls he met turned down the quality of the meetings... was much better

grisha was also looking for a category of girls older than what most in this forum are. Meaning women more likelyy to put up with such things

Someone else approached me about this yesterday so let me be clear:

Grisha could have been an exception for several reasons I shant get into(not really related to the topic at hand).
However he is the only one Ive seen talk about carrying out this experiment publicly so if anyone asks about it I bring up his results.

If you happen to disagree with his findings you are more than welcome to carry out your own experiment and I shall bring up the mixed results. Until then Im more than happy with the current results so I wont be carrying out any of this experiments myself.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:07 pm

MXH wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
MXH wrote:
Keyman wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

that's totally true

Which is what the guys here are trying to learn. How to talk to those women. Hence 99.9% of what happens in this area

lol, maybe 40%, on a good day

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:13 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
MXH wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
MXH wrote:
Keyman wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

that's totally true

40 on a good day? i feel the imminent victim approaching

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:13 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
MXH wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
MXH wrote:
Keyman wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

that's totally true

You are right.
However this is due to the constant discussion of who has it harder and whatnot between a few regulars and Im sorry to point out both of you(among other people) are to blame for that one

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:15 pm

spongy wrote:
You are right.
However this is due to the constant discussion of who has it harder and whatnot between a few regulars and Im sorry to point out both of you(among other people) are to blame for that one

im not one out going for the who has it harder trophy, ive often talked about how we both face the exact same issues equaly. I dont however tolerate BS and victim playing from either side. Add a doce of sexism to the previous and you have me in reaming mode.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:20 pm

MXH wrote:
spongy wrote:
You are right.

im not one out going for the who has it harder trophy, ive often talked about how we both face the exact same issues equaly. I dont however tolerate BS and victim playing from either side. Add a doce of sexism to the previous and you have me in reaming mode.

Im not out to get either of you, i just pointed out that she is complaining about the quality of some of the posts on the board while engaging in neverending discussions that dont help improving things.
I found it a bit ironic.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:30 pm

spongy wrote:
MXH wrote:
spongy wrote:
You are right.

Im not out to get either of you, i just pointed out that she is complaining about the quality of some of the posts on the board while engaging in neverending discussions that dont help improving things.
I found it a bit ironic.

It would be ironic, if I had said anything about quality instead of what actually happened which was a refutation of a claim about content.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:37 pm

so in other words, it was ironic.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:58 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
spongy wrote:
MXH wrote:
spongy wrote:
You are right.

I found it a bit ironic.

It would be ironic, if I had said anything about quality instead of what actually happened which was a refutation of a claim about content.

You were discussing what happens in this section and I believe that there was a: how it may not be as helpful as it should be considering this boards potential thing implicit.

I brought up one of the main topics that are stopping this board from reaching its potential and how both of you are involved in it.
Sorry if I was wrong about the intention of your original post though

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 12:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Since it was leaked then keeping it hidden matters no more.

Most points were already said elsewhere, but here they are in one block:

And I will say which ones are true for me and which ones aren't since not every female has the same perspective on what is and is not attractive

1- Get a good shape (toned, no steroids), without this nothing of the below will work.

Not really something I give a crap about

2- Post a shirtless pic, better in a beach setting. check this saga: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt200381.html ---> don't mind the haters there, look at the results I showed there.

Yeah only if you're at a metal concert or just walking about shirtless especially in a kilt, but those stupid poses are a turn off. On dating sites I usually delete messages of the shirt off in the bathroom in dumb poses dudes before even bothering to read the message.

3- Actively message the ONLINE NOW girls, don't waste your time with the offline girls because they would get a bulk of messages once they get back online, however when they're on screen they're much more likely to notice your message by the popup new message notification (ie. okcupid).

I guess this helps if you want an immediate response, or if you're just looking for a one night stand. But its not as though girls never respond to messages they received while off line I know I have. I guess I don't exactly log in to dating sites and stay logged in all day I log into my okcupid once in a while to see if there is anyone interesting who's messaged me and decide if I want to respond and possibly meet them then I log out and go do other things.

4-The popular advice "don't compliment on their physical features" is a BS myth: All women love it IF it is said by a hot guy (hence why the first two points are crucial). Throw a small compliment about something in their looks after your usual her-profile-related question "ie. bla bla bla..bla bla bla? .... ps: your hair is amazing".

Meh maybe for more feminine women, it usually makes me feel awkward if guys compliment my looks too much, especially if they use feminine words like pretty, beautiful don't know I guess I prefer more if they comment on that they like how I'll go to a metal show and drink a beer with them or something like that. I don't want a sex change but I defiantly feel more masculine than feminine most of the time.

5- For the physical compliment: Try to compliment a physical feature she least expects, something she doesn't focus much in her pics, for instance if the main focus is her pics is her eyes then compliment something else (ie. lips, nose...etc), stay away of boobs and ass in the first messages, lips have a strong impact, try them.

no opinion, I just don't care that much about being told various body parts look good.

6- If she checks your profile and never replies after two or three attempts then do (as last attempt) the final confrontational ego-shaker technique, meaning to send her a last confrontational message:
(ie. "too shy to reply?" - "Are you in coma?" - "Ok I leave you be, you can stay on your high horse, bye!" - "You know, you're not the only pretty girl here, next!" - "Ok, don't even reply me, stay on your delusional throne, bye" ...etc).
This works in the chat-based dating sites very well too like Twoo.com.

Then I personally wouldn't bother because if someone gets that impatient and flustered over waiting for a girl to find their profile interesting I'd hate to see what they'd do if we went in public and another guy glanced my way or how he'd behave if I showed up for a date late.

Personally, this worked very well to me on okc and Twoo (like 80%) and would make them reply after minutes. I got phone numbers and skype contacts in this way from Twoo and other 10 contacts on okc (phone nbs and other means, using this way), met up with 3 girls out of those (most of the others live abroad).

check my posts in this thread for screenshot examples: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf207362-0-15.html

and how long did it work well for, as in how long did these women remain interested that this approach worked on.

7- While chatting with a girl there, REPLY FAST asap, girls on dating sites are constantly in "seeking the alpha/the best one" mode, the more you delay to reply the more likely she would be distracted by other guys who are 'hotter' than you.

Huh, really :shrug:, perhaps the same thing could be said of males......they're just looking for the hottest most self assertive females.

8- After the chat/exchanging goes well, try to get her email (ie. do you have an email you use for chat?), bear in mind that the online dating is a woman's world and you need to take her out of it asap.

I am expecting a splash of negative female reactions but I don't give a ----.

A list of waste-timer girls on dating sites will be posted soon.

And to the rest of that I say:

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 12:37 pm

remember sweetleaf, when giving advice such as this its made to go for the largest group of women, not the smaller groups that have something against it. So while it may not work for you it works for so many other women that even if you only talk to them you can better skills through that.