NEW: Big Social Networking Project: Looking for a team!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Beelzerius
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2012, 4:10 am

Currently I have a big social network project in pre-beta which will go official this month, backed by my company (registered in switzerland).

It consists of primary features from all social networks such as facebook, pinterest, soundclick, futureproducers etcetera. I do not desire to mention all the features because the list is extensive, however, the objective of this product is to create a new standard for artists, especially musicians who truly are aspired to learn, share and collaborate, exceeding that of existing networks.

Now Im looking for 3 volunteers (only adults, 19 or older) interested in pre-beta testing and who even might be willing to moderate sectors of the network. The idea is a ultimate social network for musicians which will be run by aspergers.

I myself am diagnosed with High Functioning Autism and my goal is to show the world what we can do if we combine our strength. I would entrust fellow aspergers to moderate it before anyone else.

So if you are interested please PM me and I will mention the details.

Last edited by Beelzerius on 08 Oct 2012, 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2012, 5:56 am

Beelzerius wrote:
...backed by a private swiss company...Now Im looking for 3 volunteers...

You want volunteers to help a private Swiss company make money? Good luck with that.

Unless there's more to this than it sounds like. Feel free to explain the business model in more detail.

Beelzerius
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2012, 6:07 am

Dear trencher,

Thank you for your nice comment, I also think luck is an essential factor and im already very motivated for the official release date this month.

I basically own the company (GmbH) which is relatively new and registered in Switzerland. Of course the idea is to make income after a while but for the moment it will be a non profit product.

The social network includes a main pinwall, profile creation, timelines, video chat, messengers, file uploads, multimedia sharing (mainly music), group creation, articles, online music production DAW (currently under development) and many other functions and features. The content provided will be specific music tutorials and other related articles and reviews.

The main objective is to provide a social network where users will be able to collaborate with other musicians, share their music, expose theirselves and expand their current knowledge with interactive online tutorials. The entire network would be led by a team of autistic individuals like myself (staff).

In a later phase there will be membership subscriptions and this will generate income together with advertising and a few music related products (SFX, sound libraries etc). This money will then be equally spread among the staff.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2012, 7:55 am

Well, it's not a bad idea, really. A specialized site catering to a niche audience of professionals and enthusiasts who use highly technical software (like music production does) has a chance of carving out a space for itself in a crowded general social network arena. If you can build a community of people with similar interests, you could make a go of it, especially if it becomes a hub for exchanging specialized knowledge. I don't know anything about what is going on right now in the social networking world as far as music in particular. Other niches have evolved, like the Computer Graphics Society (https://www.cgsociety.org/) which have attracted paying members around the really abstruse world of Adobe's hard-to-use products, where they pool their technical expertise. I don't know anything about music production (other than being an innocent victim of the Loudness War), nor do I know anything about the music scene in Europe, so all I can do is sit on the sidelines and wish you the best.

And there's always the intellectual property issues, both real and imagined, any time sound is uploaded anywhere. :(

Beelzerius
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2012, 8:07 am

Regarding other music social networks, there are soundclick, soundcloud and reverbnation. However, too much spam, unprofessionality and lack of features made me want to create a hydrid that unites the best of all networks with valuable and reliable information.

The intellectual property issue can be solved with the "terms of services". Should there be a DMCA claim then the files would be removed. As far as file uploading, only specific files are allowed, so called project files for certain "music production programs". The good thing is that bad members will be filtered out.

Oh and by the way, I hate the loudness war. Unfortunately we are all victims to it :(

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 8:55 am

I think this is a brilliant idea. As a musician and developer myself, the idea of a really usable collaborative online DAW was something a friend and I had looked into producing but just we were not able to put the required time into it in the end.

Keep us posted!

Alexithymia: 137

Beelzerius
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2012, 9:14 am

It is really hard work and its use is questionable since HTML5 is not yet that developed and Flash has sync issues.

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:22 am

For the DAW aspect, our original thoughts were a stand-alone client application for serious work and a bare-bones version based in the browser (java applet probably) for use as a web app.

Alexithymia: 137