Sometimes 32%  32%  [ 37 ]
Often 23%  23%  [ 27 ]
A lot 28%  28%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 116

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 6:29 pm

Living so far away from Chrissy, and not being able to see or touch her makes me feel very, very lonely sometimes. So I checked off "sometimes" instead of "never".

Galymia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

I'm very seldom lonely. I've accepted that people don't need me, so I've become accustomed to being alone. I prefer it that way since it gives me more time to engage in my hobbies.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 9:18 pm

Saralicia wrote:
Sometimes I have this underlying longing to find somebody who can understand who I am and relate to me on a deep level. That's the kind of lonely that hurts.

There are other kinds of lonely that don't really bother me.

I also really like to be alone sometimes.

^ this.

sisymay
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

My daughter is VERY lonely. She is 14, was homeschooled. Our situation made it where she wasn't around any other kids at ALL hardly. It has made her so depressed. Even though she's in a very small school now, she ccan't go now because of her anxiety. I don't know how much longer she can hold on. I have tried all I can think of to get her friends. She WANTS friends, she isn't the type who likes to be alone.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2012, 12:15 am

I love being with people and I love being alone, sometimes for months at a time.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2012, 12:23 am

SISYMAY. Find a subject close to your daughters heart and gradually introduce her to people with the same interest, hopfully this might help.
Being a best friend to your daughter will also help.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 10:12 am

I don't. I am completely alone except from my parents, and I don't think I could have it any better. I've come to terms with this and I avoid expectations that I should socialize because of it. It's not a long term option, but I like things this way.

Jacky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2012, 2:53 pm

Voted "not at all" which is true for my current life. My current job is not great, but I have two colleagues whom I really like, and that's all I need in respect to loneliness, at least.

The one period in my life when I felt really lonely was some years ago when I moved to another town for a job. I just couldn't get a good contact to my colleagues at all. Eventually it turned out that there were conflicts in that place between different groups of people, and that the boss made it all worse. He may well have tried to use me to get other people to work harder, resulting in resentment against me before I even arrived. Anyway, they all made it clear, without really saying it, that they didn't need me around.

I left there in a hurry as soon as my contract ran out. The next place was weird, so I fitted in much better :wink: .

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

I think loneliness can be positive.

When I was living with my family, I didn't know that feeling at all. Now I live on my own, and I often feel lonely. But the positive thing is that it encourages me to socialize.
Sometimes, however, I just turn on the radio to hear some human voices.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 11:47 pm

Interacting on WP makes me feel not lonely.