Okay... it's weird, but aspie presidential candidate 2016

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 9:39 pm

Wow well for the most part, you've certainly got my 2016 vote.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:46 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Never having to face assassination while in office.
Oh, I disagree... That is a very real possibility...

Only if you're elected.

You face an uphill battle.

First, you have to register in each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and other American territories, in order to even have a chance of getting enough electoral votes to become president. You may have to register in person, and the requirements may vary in each state.

Second, you have to start an industry devoted to promoting you. Good luck, because with all of the negative characteristics -- real and imagined -- associated with Aspies, you'll have as much of a tough sell as Manson has with his parole board.

Third, you have to finance this industry. How many wealthy Aspies do you know? How many of the rest of us would be willing to finance your campaign, even if they could afford it? You'd have better luck convincing Bill Gates that you're worthy of the white house ... and then you run the risk of becoming his puppet.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Never having to face assassination while in office.
Oh, I disagree... That is a very real possibility...

Only if you're elected.

You face an uphill battle.

First, you have to register in each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and other American territories, in order to even have a chance of getting enough electoral votes to become president. You may have to register in person, and the requirements may vary in each state.

Second, you have to start an industry devoted to promoting you. Good luck, because with all of the negative characteristics -- real and imagined -- associated with Aspies, you'll have as much of a tough sell as Manson has with his parole board.

Third, you have to finance this industry. How many wealthy Aspies do you know? How many of the rest of us would be willing to finance your campaign, even if they could afford it? You'd have better luck convincing Bill Gates that you're worthy of the white house ... and then you run the risk of becoming his puppet.

Believe me, I know it is an uphill battle and have no unrealistic expectations of being elected...

Trust me when I say, I have a plan. I may never get there, but people will know my name by the end of 2016

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

Feralucce wrote:
legalization of victimless crimes

Ok, what are these crimes, can you list them?
Feralucce wrote:
repeal of the laws making marijuana illegal (this was a racist policy from the getgo) - this includes pardons of all people involved in simple possession charges and government growing/regulation of pot growing

fine
Feralucce wrote:
a simple flat tax rate across the board

Don't agree here. You should pay more tax according to your ability to pay it.

In fact the very vulnerable and impoverished should pay nothing.
Feralucce wrote:
gender equality

good.
Feralucce wrote:
equal rights for homosexuals

can't argue with that
Feralucce wrote:
imposing of term limits in our legislation branch

forgive my ignorance, what is a 'legislation branch'?
Feralucce wrote:
Pushing for jailing of corrupt politicians and bankers

good
Feralucce wrote:
I also have ideas for solving the homeless problem via the governmental pot farms

what the hell is a governmental pot farm?
Feralucce wrote:
Cutting of legislative pensions and pay

are we talking about civil service workers? Or fat politicians?
Feralucce wrote:
Elimination of the subcontracting practices in government (i.e. employ the people who do the work directly at the same rates, but cut out the 5-10 people in between so no more $400 hammers)

You will have to find new jobs for those 5-10 people.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 5:47 pm

What you also could do is run as a write-in candidate.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 11:25 pm

Thomas, the full write up of my platform is on my blog... Legislative branch is our lawmakers... the politicians...

here is a link to my platform >>LINK!<<

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 12:24 pm

You don't have to get elected to win. If the politicians steal your ideas.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 10:25 pm

Yeah... Politicians stealing the idea of honesty... lol

DGuru
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2013, 10:44 pm

Sure you could be president. Thomas Jefferson had Asperger's. JFK and probably Bill Clinton had ADD. Bush probably had dyslexia.
But I wouldn't spotlight it like you're doing. Be honest about it if it comes up, you could even tie it into highlighting support for better educational support services for autistic people and talk about your experiences with it growing up and could get endorsements from autistic advocacy groups and parents groups.
But if you want any chance of winning don't make it the center of your campaign, I wouldn't even mention it out of context of support for policies related to helping people with autism or say policies against bullying, basically policies you can relate to autism. That inevitably leads to some very pointed political questions and being forced into taking stances that will alienate some people. If you come out unambiguously against a cure this will be spun to voters as opposition to treatment. If you support a cure get ready for an explosion of autistic identity politics advocates calling you a "curebie" and saying that no self-respecting autistic should vote for you.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

The biggest obstacle you'll have is being a people person. Presidential candidates these days are no longer about their issues or even their track records but rather how good they look on camera and their public appearances (as well as how fancy their family looks). Both parties have been like this for far too long that it's no wonder the nation is falling apart. There has never been a candidate in my lifetime either Dem or Rep that I would've been thrilled about voting for.

The other obstacle should you become President is to not be pressured by your advisors and your party members. Don't make decisions for the sake of the political party. Make them for the sake of the nation. I wouldn't be surprised if much of Obama's decisions in the past four years have been pressured on him by his own party.

Since according to your platform, you are neither Christian nor head of a nuclear family, your chances of becoming president are unfortunately weak, but that is not your fault. That is once again the mindset of a voting public incapable of actual thinking.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

DGuru wrote:
Sure you could be president. Thomas Jefferson had Asperger's. JFK and probably Bill Clinton had ADD. Bush probably had dyslexia.
But I wouldn't spotlight it like you're doing. Be honest about it if it comes up, you could even tie it into highlighting support for better educational support services for autistic people and talk about your experiences with it growing up and could get endorsements from autistic advocacy groups and parents groups.
But if you want any chance of winning don't make it the center of your campaign, I wouldn't even mention it out of context of support for policies related to helping people with autism or say policies against bullying, basically policies you can relate to autism. That inevitably leads to some very pointed political questions and being forced into taking stances that will alienate some people. If you come out unambiguously against a cure this will be spun to voters as opposition to treatment. If you support a cure get ready for an explosion of autistic identity politics advocates calling you a "curebie" and saying that no self-respecting autistic should vote for you.

Your assertions of the mental problems of previous presidents is pure speculation.

I take your advice under advisement and respectfully I put them aside...

Blue_Jackets_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2013, 4:54 pm

Ari Neeman perhaps....

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

Well, I agree with a lot of your platform.

I admire and respect both your honesty and your balls in throwing it all right out there.

I don't think anyone in the idiot conditioned masses will take you seriously, but dude, you've got my vote.

And not on the basis of sharing a diagnosis. I like your style.