Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2012, 8:39 pm

Ok so I don't officially have aspergers because I don't have enough symptoms but of the many symptoms I do have one of them is poor hygiene habits! I usually brush my teeth every night (only once a day), but few times I have skipped because I was too lazy. I can go as long as a week without washing myself because I don't have a social life or a job yet so I almost never go anywhere. I only wash myself when I feel like it or if I'm going somewhere, and generally I take when my pits stink as the sign that I need to wash myself. This washing is usually at the sink with soap and a wash cloth and only includes everything above the waist. I only take a shower (washing my full body, including everything below the waist) and wash my hair every 3-4 weeks (I have scalp psoriasis so I should wash it more often but it's only mild so whatever......) and change my underwear only about every 3 days. I will wear the same shirt and or pants for up to a week if it doesn't smell cause I don't care. Months ago I saw this cute hat at the store, that also happened to be big enough to hide all my hair under. (I have short hair) So what I do if my hair starts looking real greasy and I need to go somewhere, I just put on the hat to hide it. :tongue: How bad is your hygiene?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 8:41 pm

barely acceptable according to my shrink

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm

Let's see:

I shower everyday before going to work and also after workouts on days I choose to workout. I'll shower before going to see the lady friend. This includes shampooing my hair (what's left of it). Days I don't work, I usually shower before going out somewhere.
I brush my teeth before going to work, and usually after dinner and before going to bed. I brush three times a day. I floss the front teeth twice and the back teeth maybe once every other day. I'll brush my teeth just about everytime I go out
I use deodarant everyday. I spray cologne on me everytime I go and see the lady friend.
I shave my face at least once a week.
The worst part of my hygeine is the fact that I am a smoker. I had good hygeine beaten into me when I was young and this is probably why I don't have many issues.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:09 pm

Horrible hygiene. I always need to be told to brush my teeth, and sometimes I need to be told to shower. Otherwise, I never brush my teeth and only shower 1-3 times a week.

idratherbeatree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2012, 10:14 pm

I'm very clean most of the time. I can't stand being dirty.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm

I generally shower once each day, but I actually prefer to take a shower or bath at least twice a day. Three would be even better -- when waking up in the morning, once before supper, and again before going to bed. I just feel better that way.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:37 pm

If I can't bathe or shower at least once each day, then I feel sick -- maybe only emotionally so, but it's still an unpleasant sensation.

Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature, nor any ultimate evaluation of
human nature beyond that which we project onto others, individuals should be judged or defined only
by their actions and choices, and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:39 pm

I have good hygiene. I don't like feeling dirty. My brain shuts down when my face gets too dirty at the end of the day.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2012, 10:55 pm

aspiemike wrote:
Let's see:

I shower everyday before going to work and also after workouts on days I choose to workout. I'll shower before going to see the lady friend. This includes shampooing my hair (what's left of it). Days I don't work, I usually shower before going out somewhere.
I brush my teeth before going to work, and usually after dinner and before going to bed. I brush three times a day. I floss the front teeth twice and the back teeth maybe once every other day. I'll brush my teeth just about everytime I go out
I use deodarant everyday. I spray cologne on me everytime I go and see the lady friend.
I shave my face at least once a week.
The worst part of my hygeine is the fact that I am a smoker. I had good hygeine beaten into me when I was young and this is probably why I don't have many issues.
Woah 8O ....... I'm sorry but I could never get myself to shower this frequently and brush my teeth that many times on any day!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:02 pm

I seem to remember reading that the mathematician Alan Turing reportedly liked to work in the bathtub and had the key insight into breaking the Enigma while taking a bath.

As I understand it, they received a message encrypted with Enigma that was rather odd - in the encrypted text, one particular letter never appeared. Turing supposedly had the insight while bathing that it was a test message consisting only of that one particular letter.

Has anyone else heard of this or am I confusing him with someone else? I have a book on Turing, but it may be stored in some boxes of books in a storeroom and thus hard to find.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm

I shower or bath everyday, when its stinking hot I have a quick shower at night as well, I couldn't bear not showering I hate being dirty.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:15 pm

It seems the general consensus is that AS does not correlate with poor hygiene.

Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature, nor any ultimate evaluation of
human nature beyond that which we project onto others, individuals should be judged or defined only
by their actions and choices, and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
It seems the general consensus is that AS does not correlate with poor hygiene.

Unless getting regular haircuts is considered to be necessary for good hygiene. :)

My hair is looking more and more like Einstein's hair.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

If I don't bathe or shower every day I will feel the oil on my skin all day and it will make me so so mad.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:20 pm

By the way, some people build the area around the bathtub in such a way that they can put a television at the end of the bathtub so that they can watch it while in the bath.

I think that for safety's sake, the best such installations keep the television completely separate from the bathtub itself with a large glass window that lets the bather look through the window to see the television.

blackelk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2012, 11:26 pm

The exact opposite. I don't feel "fresh" unless I shower each day. I also have $70 toothbrush and 2 different kinds of mouthwash I used every day.