Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sidmor
Raven
Raven

23 Oct 2012, 1:21 pm

I can only fall asleep if I'm on my stomach and right cheek on the pillow, I wonder whether this has something to do with sensory issues.

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

23 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

I actually have exactly this same issue, same position too. I actually can fall asleep in other positions and sometimes feel like resting in other positions, but if i'm sleeping at night i cant get into deep sleep unless i lay that way. Weird. I feel like I am in a slightly different states of mind in different positions. For me there are basically three, stomach facing left, stomach facing right, and laying on back. I cant sleep on my back too long because of sleep apnea.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 7:33 pm

Me, too. I find lying down on the stomach most comfortable and usually fall asleep in that way. Other positions are far less comfortable. I know that lying on the stomach is not good for the lower back, but I just can't help it because it's so comfortable. However, in may case it probably has something to do with my respiratory system. I used to have asthma as a kid and had to sleep on the stomach with a big pillow for easier breathing when I had an asthma attack.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

I know what you mean. I doubt it has anything to do with AS, but I can only fall asleep on my side - and right side is easier than left. That's probably the main thing that makes it impossible for me to sleep on a plane (at least in an economy seat).