Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 6:18 am

If we have one of these already please tell me.

Post about what you love about trains.

I love High Speed Rail but I also have a trainspotting book which I am ticking trains off in. I haven't had huge chances to go on High Speed Rail, except for HS1 in the UK. As far as non-high speed; so far I've only been using First Capital Connect services, but I'm hoping to go around the UK one day on different train services. So far I'm only really using Class 319s but I'm hoping to spread out, especially as I have a Disabled Freedom Pass which gives me free travel all over London.

BenPritchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

My first special interest was in trains at the age of 3 or so. I haven't really followed it since though.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 2:47 pm

I used to love travelling on trains as a kid (and still do), and I remember passing some of my time in the playground in primary school watching the trains going to Battersea Park station go past.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:58 am

I like travelling on trains although my prefer traction is diesel as i like the sound of them also admire the scenery when looking out of the train window prefer the seat to be aligned though.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 11:43 am

I went to visit a friend in NYC by taking Amtrak and I really enjoyed the experience. I would rather take Amtrak over a plane. The train car somehow felt much less cramped then an airplane.

I also enjoyed eating in the diner car.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 2:33 pm

Alright, my most recent shot:

S56 at Westmead by My good self, on Flickr

Click it, and you'll see all my train shots

Last edited by bcousins on 29 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 3:04 pm

I would DEFINITELY go on a train in preference to an aeroplane.

I went on a Class 319 First Capital Connect train today. I prefer the Class 377s to the 319s, but unfortunately the Class 377s only run to Brighton (I use the Sutton to Luton service).

I took a picture of a DR 98916 engineer's train (it was cleaning the tracks) today at St Helier station (my home station), but it's on my Facebook so I don't know how to post it here. It was really good stuff and I was very happy.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 4:17 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw[/youtube] I like trains because they are cheaper than riding the plane and you can get drunk on them and time goes by faster!!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList