Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 11:41 am

kxmode wrote:
From what I read in this thread this is what you guys sound like...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MajE0PcEoUU[/youtube]

Now it's in video. :)

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 2:08 am

Sheesh, why can't people just leave the saga as it is? Six films is enough! And Disney? No thank you.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

noxnocturne wrote:
Sheesh, why can't people just leave the saga as it is? Six films is enough! And Disney? No thank you.

George Lucas originally planned nine films. In fact, some sources say it was twelve films at first before making it nine.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 5:38 pm

Jono wrote

Quote:
George Lucas originally planned nine films. In fact, some sources say it was twelve films at first before making it nine.

Oh dear god I hope not. Three more films I could probably handle but three more after that, not so sure.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 4:19 am

Here is to hoping they let a decent director do it, I think Matthew Vaughn could do a good job.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0891216/

Grand_pilot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2012, 7:47 pm

Here's my thoughts:

I don't think Disney buying the star wars franchise is such a bad thing. After watching episode 3 in theatres, i got a little teary-eyed, not just because of the beautiful ending (in my humble opinion), but because i thought this is probably the last time i would get to enjoy a star wars movie in a theatre ever.If Disney is making more films i will still go to the theatres and watch them.

Also: i don't think the Clone wars cartoon is that bad. I think most people based their judgement on the movie and the first season. I feel the series got better in time.

I have a theory about the setting: say it happens C.40 yrs after Return of the Jedi (according the the dark horse comics timeline callendar, A new hope is the year 0 of star wars, and return of the Jedi happened 4 years after a new hope ). I noticed the Novel Invincible:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_(novel) happens 41 yrs after a new hope. Jaina the daughter of Han and Leia is 32 at the time. So i wonder; will the movies be a continuation of where the novels left off?

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 7:27 pm

I say George Lucas is either going mad or greedier than he is now! (If it is possible). It will be a BS, we can bet! Why cannot the series end where it stopped?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 7:42 pm

SoftKitty wrote:
I say George Lucas is either going mad or greedier than he is now! (If it is possible). It will be a BS, we can bet! Why cannot the series end where it stopped?

Ask David Prowse (the guy in the Darth Vader suit) about Lucas, and he'll tell you Lucas is a flaming as*hole.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 8:01 pm

SoftKitty wrote:

Why blame Lucas? His sole role in this was to sell Lucasfilm Studios and the rights to the Star Wars franchise to Disney for $4 billion, and then donate most of that to an education charity.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 11:03 pm

I'm a huge fan of IV, V and VI but WTF?!?!?! Disney?!?! I didn't like I, II and III......they seemed to "unreal" with all the CG animation. The originals looked great even for being as old as they are because they used actual models.

2015 will be a sad time...........:(

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 2:45 am

Disney is in talks with Lawrence Kasdan to write either 8 or 9.

Hell yes.

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2012, 8:34 am

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Somehow I can imagine misha collins as Carth., bu thar jes me.

Yesss....that would be great. Misha is my favorite actor!! !!

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 6:36 pm

Disney and Lucasfilm have not confirmed this yet, but dozens of reputable websites(Including MTV, Entertainment Weekly, The LA Times, etc.) are posting this like its 100% official.

J.J. Abrams is directing Star Wars Episode VII.

If this turns out to be nothing more than a rumor, there is going to be a lot of website editors that feel like idiots.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 7:16 pm

eelektrik says

Quote:
Disney and Lucasfilm have not confirmed this yet, but dozens of reputable websites(Including MTV, Entertainment Weekly, The LA Times, etc.) are posting this like its 100% official.

J.J. Abrams is directing Star Wars Episode VII.

If this turns out to be nothing more than a rumor, there is going to be a lot of website editors that feel like idiots.

Yeah I just read about this on comicbookmovie.com. That actually sounds kinda cool. Star Trek was an awesome movie and Super 8 was pretty exciting and I so totally can't wait for Star Trek Into Darkness. I bought the blu ray boxset back in 2011 and I still haven't watched all the special features. I always say to myself that I wanna watch the special features on a dvd or blu ray but I just plain forget it plus even though that Star Wars is very high on my list of favourite movie franchises I haven't really been thinking about that much because of a whole lot of other media stuff happening. I'll need to get back into Star Wars soon and start watching the special features as well as some other features for other movies that I said I was gonna watch.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 10:16 pm

Yeah, Super 8 was a rather underrated film. I loved it. For one he managed to find kids that could act believably and get good performances out of them, which is easier said than done. I would have liked to have seen him direct Ender's Game for that reason. But he also does action really well, between Mission: Impossible 3 and Star Trek, I look forward to seeing his take on Star Wars.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 6:17 pm

This would appear to be officially confirmed. There's already been some angsting about it, but I have to agree with someone on Twitter - JJ Abrams took on the seemingly-impossible task of recasting the original Star Trek, and nailed it. Ep VII is in good hands, I think.