Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2007, 1:58 pm

You will teach it, they'll make you, otherwise you'll be unemployed. Firing you is the least of their concerns, they like making you suffer by learning new things lmao

As I was thinking about this I realized, Microsoft revises almost anything it does and by creating new layouts make a profit teaching it to others, quite smart actually.

I think the idea here people is to just admitt while Macs are OK they don't play games, have limited support for games, and just about do everything but game.

Also it's important to understand, my dads DVD Burner broke, without the warrenty they'd have charged him 300 dollars for a replacement, I'm not kidding you! Considering that fact it costs just as much as Vista and god only knows what replacing another component would cost someone. I'd rather buy Vista, then if my DVD Burner breaks get another for 70 bucks :-P

So you see, Macs are just to ridiculious to buy, the price is just insane.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 2:46 pm

sderenzi wrote:
You will teach it, they'll make you, otherwise you'll be unemployed. Firing you is the least of their concerns, they like making you suffer by learning new things lmao

As I was thinking about this I realized, Microsoft revises almost anything it does and by creating new layouts make a profit teaching it to others, quite smart actually.

I think the idea here people is to just admitt while Macs are OK they don't play games, have limited support for games, and just about do everything but game.

Also it's important to understand, my dads DVD Burner broke, without the warrenty they'd have charged him 300 dollars for a replacement, I'm not kidding you! Considering that fact it costs just as much as Vista and god only knows what replacing another component would cost someone. I'd rather buy Vista, then if my DVD Burner breaks get another for 70 bucks :-P

Vista is far too expensive in the UK. £370 (or about $720) for the Ultimate Edition - $300 more than in the States. Why? It can't cost that much to ship a bunch of boxes over from WA state or wherever they're made.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 5:07 pm

sderenzi wrote:

All OEMs charge 3x the actual value for replacement parts you can't get elsewhere. I have an HP and the power adaptor for my notebook was $80, when it probably was only worth $20. It would cost me just as much to get a DVD burner to fit in my laptop's modular bay as it would to buy a Mac replacement.

PC gaming to begin with is getting to be too expensive. I happily play all my games on Gamecube, and when I can get a used one I'll buy a Wii.

Conformadore
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2007, 5:15 pm

I've been running an illegal version for the past 2 months.

I'm switching back to XP very soon, the networking on this sucks.

The only good thing about it, is that it looks nice.

Zimmy
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2007, 7:11 pm

The only decent thing about Vista is it's improved POSIX layer, which allows a lot more UNIX applications to be compiled on it.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 8:47 am

I wish Apple and the Linux community would take gamers more seriously, so people weren't so Dependant on DirectX/Windows.

TennisFanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2007, 9:01 pm

I probably won't upgrade for a at least a few more months -- at least enough time for MS to work all the bugs out!

I like Windows, but HATE Internet Explorer because it has some security vulnerabilities (that might, for instance, make it easier for your PC to get spyware)... I like the Firefox browser MUCH better because it has a heckuva lot more add-ons (plug-ins) and themes (skins) than IE does and I also like its "tabbed' interface.

I would highly recommend it. You can get the most current version at http://www.getfirefox.com.