Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kiseki94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 4:21 pm

I accidentally broke a beaker in the sink while I was cleaning it out. I was a little upset. I did notice another girl making jokes about me, too. Then, some jerk in another lab section decided to put glassware on the edge of the table, and when I walked by it decided to fall and shatter. I was pretty angry at this point. I saw the same girl making stupid comments about me.

I really don't think I can work in a lab. I'm to the point where I want to change my major.

The thing that annoys me the most about this girl that was talking about me is the fact that she thinks she is the coolest being to walk this planet because she gets drunk every night and goes to bed at 5am when she has an 8am class. I'm am honestly tired of people ridiculing me for being well-behaved and quiet. Along with the other problems going on at school, I actually thought of committing suicide today. (I would NEVER kill myself, but I can't believe this actually crossed my mind.)

Maybe I should transfer to a school that I could commute to.

profofhumanities
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 5:25 pm

I am sorry to hear a drunken female is making you so miserable. She probably has her own list of troubles that inspires her bad behavior. (It still doesn't excuse it, though.)

I hope that one bad day does not lead you to make such a drastic decision about changing schools. I am especially glad that you did not follow that suicidal thought. If you have several reasons for attending a school closer to home, then make that change. College is enough change by itself without the added mix of living away from home. But if you are just having this one really rotten day, try to think it over for a week and then decide if things are better.

If you just need someone to listen (or read), just PM me.

CosmicCastaway
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 9:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear that your day was so terrible. Some people can be absolute pricks. As someone who majored in the sciences, I completely understand how irritating some lab classes can be (especially when you have to work in groups with a bunch of imbeciles). What I can say is this--don't let those little snots drive you to change your major or make any other life decisions because they aren't worth it. Pursue the things that interest you and to hell with some drunken girl with a daddy-attention seeking complex.

Not to beat the phrase again, it really does get better, especially with lab work once you progress toward the more advanced classes. In the introductory lab courses, I felt practically tortured by my peers, but once I got into the higher level lab courses, I found that the people around me kinder, smarter, and actually gave a crap about what they were doing. And take it from me; the lab can be a sanctuary for people with AS. I'm sure you can get through it, and on those bad days do something for yourself to make it suck less. Don't go to bed having only experience a bad day.

AQ: 39

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 10:56 pm

Why let that person get to you?