Not sure I can carry on if it's gonna be like this

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

aarghapanda
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2006, 2:58 am

Don't read on if swearing offends you.

Why do I have to act so f***ing happy all the time?

Why is it whenever I show any emotion everyone thinks I;m a self pitying twat?

It's not my damn fault that I can;t even make a friend, but everyone's gonna blame me anyway.

Everyone's like 'Oh why don;t you go to college' Oh yeah, that'll work, after all I didn't fail miserably the first two times I went there....wait...I did

'Oh, Ok get a job' Nobody wants someone who can't even get through a simple college course, nobody wants someone who's too damn depressed to get out of bed, and nobody wants someone with only 3 fricking Gcses

I have no f***ing idea where my life is gonna go

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

16 Dec 2006, 7:46 am

What are your interests or hobbies?

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2006, 2:26 pm

Don't worry about it. There are lots of depressed people around who have been out of work for a long time. It is not laziness, it is a condition - so don't blame yourself for it. Best thing to do is to concentrate on feeling better. See your GP, get a referal to a psychiatrist. Once you feel better, you will be more able to do things again. Two years ago, I was very depressed and my life was going nowhere. I got help, and although I don't have a paid job, I am now working voluntarily doing something that I enjoy as well as attending an aspergers support group.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Metabird
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Dec 2006, 2:28 pm

You're going against what I call 'the veil'.

You're showing problems... people don't like acknowleding, much less touching problems; they try to hide them and hope they'll just go away. "No, dammit, be happy! Don't break the illusion of happy fun Disney humanity!"

Really... my best advice is to apply yourself to SOMETHING. If you have a morbid fascination with toy trains, explosions and trivial science, try to join the mythbusters... or at least put your mettle to the test behind a stage. If you're good with putting feelings into coherent words, write songs. (surely you have SOME interest or hobby, right?)

aarghapanda
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2006, 1:25 am

I don't really know. I've tried and failed lots of things. Gives me the feeling that my best isn't good enough

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 1:49 am

I notice for me, whenever I try new things, I tend to do really poorly at them. A lot of times it's because I don't really know how to do the thing properly, or I don't quite understand what I'm doing.

But if I allow myself not to get discouraged by this initial setback, I notice that I'm usually able to figure it out, and then I start doing really well with it.

Maybe in your case, aarghapanda, try not to let early failures keep you down. Consider every mistake as a learning opportunity, and you'll be surprised by how much easier things seem to get!

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 1:50 am

aarghapanda wrote:
I don't really know. I've tried and failed lots of things. Gives me the feeling that my best isn't good enough

Myself I have inattentive ADHD. I come up with lots of ideas but never can focus and get any of them done. Do you feel like that?

aarghapanda
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2006, 12:34 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
aarghapanda wrote:

Myself I have inattentive ADHD. I come up with lots of ideas but never can focus and get any of them done. Do you feel like that?

YES. EXACTLY LIKE THAT.

alex
Developer
Developer

17 Dec 2006, 12:44 pm

aarghapanda wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:
aarghapanda wrote:

YES. EXACTLY LIKE THAT.

Do you take any medication for concentration?

aarghapanda
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2006, 1:39 pm

Nothing at all.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 1:46 pm

If ADHD is disrupting your life to the point you can not work goto school it maybe
meds are worth a try. Not sure on your age and locations but perhaps you could call
doctors in your area and see if they treat adult ADHD.

aarghapanda
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2006, 1:48 pm

The problem is, I don't have any symptoms of ADHD.

Maybe I;m just a lazy waster :(

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 1:59 pm

aarghapanda wrote:
The problem is, I don't have any symptoms of ADHD.

Maybe I;m just a lazy waster :(

Hmm my sister is coming any second to pick me up so I do not have time to go into
detain. Inattentive ADHD could simply be characterised as execessive daydreaming.
The hyperactivity part is a seperate type of ADHD.

http://www.brainworks.info/add26.html
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=293920

aarghapanda
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2006, 2:06 pm

I tick every one of those boxes. 8O