After an argument, do you find yourself stopping the thing..

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2012, 4:39 pm

Do you find yourself easily and somehow just naturally being able to stop doing the thing that the argument or confrontation was about? Like for example, If you you're always calling your sister stupid and she gets upset about it and you two have an argument/confrontation about it, after the argument/confrontation refraining from calling your sister stupid seems to come naturally and becomes much easier. Like, it takes an argument or confrontation to really make it sink in that the other person is really bothered by what you're doing. Does this happen to you? Just wondering..... :P

patdbunny
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Nov 2012, 4:45 pm

YES!
Completely has my husband perplexed how it is I can do that.
My theory is that I'm "fakin' it" pretty much all the time so I don't come across weird to people, so it's not too hard to integrate a new behavior or eliminate a behavior once it's brought to my attention.
My "tick" used to be this weird face scrunching and also making a weird snorting noise. I knew these behaviors were really odd and looked and sounded very strange so I made a conscious effort to stop them. I haven't done them in about 15 years. I have less noticeable ticks these days.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm

Quote:
so it's not too hard to integrate a new behavior or eliminate a behavior once it's brought to my attention.
yeah, it's just too bad though that it has to come any kind of argument or confrontation before anything starts to change :roll:
but yeah, this is cool though :)