Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 8:58 pm

Soda. I gotta have it. I love it. You can't keep me from it.

I once heard a guy spent his life drinking every beverage out there and he has never had a glass of water. I envy him. Water sucks.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:17 pm

NHASPIE629 wrote:
WHISKEY. :twisted:

That is all.

Oh no no no no no, that is NOT all...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzG_J7RCGS0[/youtube]

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:53 pm

Mike_Garrick wrote:
So, yah. What the title asks.
I wanna get drunk

I don't really know much about beer or alcohol in general.

Start light. Beer or wine coolers. For your first outing, two 750ml bottles of 6% cooler or a six pack should do you just fine (should get a decent buzz, but not hammered). Don't chug it, or you'll vomit. Drink em nice and easy, probably 30-45 minutes for a bottle of cooler/3 beer.

For the love of all you hold holy, do not start with hard liquor. You will drink too much too quickly, and you will hate your life for the rest of that night and probably the next day as well.

You will reap what you've sown.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:37 pm

I drink tea daily, but love beer occasionally after working hard. I drink it a few times a month, but I'd really love to make my own next year, or atleast try to. I like wine on special occasions, hard liquor I used to like but not really anymore.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 12:16 am

i don't like bitter beer, and i HATE warm bitter beer with a passion! i wish somebody would liquify nitrous oxide, that would make a curious drink. :idea: or if that is not possible, somehow make a drink which tingles going down [NOT burning like firewater] and makes me feel like laughing gas does.

AJ89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2012, 12:25 am

German wine and beer is all I drink. I've tried many different types of alcohol beverages and that's what I prefer.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 12:40 am

I love cranberry juice....I prefer the "Cocktail" kind to the sugarless kind that leaves a bitter aftertaste.

I'm a chocolate milk aficionado, as well - but I prefer to mix my own and use lots of chocolate syrup to get a really rich, satisfying chocolatey flavor. :D

...Once I drank three glasses of chocolate milk in a row and couldn't sleep all night. :lol:

You can probably tell from this post that I looooove my sweets. lol

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 1:39 am

real chocolate milk is 4% milkfat. anything less tastes like cardboard.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 3:50 am

I drink seltzer water with fruit juice, nowadays -- can't deal with alcohol anymore due to a weird health condition.

But anyway, I agree with whoever said wine coolers or beer to start out with. It's easier to manage your 'dose' (not overload your system) that way. You eventually learn how to time your input to maintain a given level of buzz. People act like alcohol is different from other drugs that way (so it seems to me) -- they imagine junkies measuring their syringe dose out of a spoon as totally different, somehow. It's a drug, people.

Anyway, after beer gets boring you can move up to chugging vodka out of the bottle like I did for a few years. Personally, I think that all alcoholic beverages taste like s**t^*, which is why I drank vodka. Vodka is simple and to the point. If it could talk it would say, "i am like Russian trractor -- not fancy, but I reliable and do job good."

^* (Wait -- for cooking alcohol can be good sometimes, i.e. diced apples with a brandy-laced sauce over them, or red wine in chili.)

Oh, and BTW alcohol has a lot of calories in it, so if you drink hard for a long time you tend to get fat, or develop wet brain because you're not eating enough food to get enough nutrients to stay healthy. I think it's pretty hard to get to that point, though,

For me, nowadays, I just save up my neurontin and take a huge dose once in a while, Feels very similar to alcohol. In fact, right now it's making me ramble and say weird s**t on the internet, so I think I'll stop here.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 5:38 am

My preference is Cointreau, room temperature, straight out of the bottle.
Lovely stuff, and the little bottle is square which makes for easy hiding.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 1:28 pm

Non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated, non-carbonated beverages. Once in a while I will drink a small amount (half a can) of Sprite or Grape Crush and regret it later that day (it irritates my digestive tract). Drinking soda is like an abusive relationship; you always say "that's it; I'm through with this" only to go right back to it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 1:45 pm

Mike_Garrick wrote:
Yah because a guy who's never drank alcohol before should start with vodka, that'll go well. :wink:
Frankly all that I know about beer is that I don't like malt, at least not in a soda.
I guess something on the sweet side?

For anyone else who wants to make a snide remark or a passive aggressive attempt at steering me away.
don't bother, I've hit bottom and I frankly can't stand sh**, I just want to stop thinking.

Vodka's just my first choice if beer is not an option, don't know its what you should start with..other then that there's rum or wine don't really like wine and I haven't really tried anything else other than schnapps but that is almost worse than vodka. If anything I would recommend starting with beer.

Mike_Garrick
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2012, 4:25 pm

I tried beer, it didn't work out.
3 bottles just made me a little light headed...maybe, I was tired so it may have done nothing.
Chugging down 4 bottles in an hour just for a tiny buzz isn't particularly practical.

Spose I'll just have to browse the stores in town if I ever go and choose something harder.
I'm thinking Jack Daniel's-Gentlemen Jack or a blended scotch.
Even though I have no clue what they taste like and I'm pretty sure it wont matter because I'm pretty sure the very flavor of alcohol is what I like least about beer.
Also I don't like spicy foods very much...yah, I'm not a very manly man.

I've seen some smaller "minibar" single serving bottles around the net so hopefully one of the two stores will sell them and I can just buy a dozen or so of them to try.
I always find its good to find a baseline when your doing something.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 6:32 am

^ If you don't like spicy foods, I'm not sure that whisky is ideal. It's fiery!

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 3:33 pm

Mike_Garrick wrote:

I'm not touching Absinthe, I'd like to retain whats left of my sanity.

That's a myth brought about by the French wineries because they were losing all their business to absinthe drinkers. Never tried the stuff myself, but would like to.
I enjoy a dark stout or porter in the evenings.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Mike_Garrick wrote:

I'm not touching Absinthe, I'd like to retain whats left of my sanity.

That's a myth brought about by the French wineries because they were losing all their business to absinthe drinkers. Never tried the stuff myself, but would like to.
I enjoy a dark stout or porter in the evenings.

Absinthe is one of my favourite drinks. The only damage it'll do to your sanity is intoxication and, if you indulge to much, alcohol addiction and the troubles it causes.

Just for information, the ingredient that scares people off of absinthe is wormwood. The amount of wormwood in absinthe is so low that it is physically impossible to have it harm you by drinking absinthe. The alcohol would kill you first.

You will reap what you've sown.