Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

07 Nov 2012, 8:07 pm

Aah, baseball, America's pastime, and one of the world's fastest growing sports. Why do you like it, I ask you guys?

-You never know who will win until the last at-bat at times. These nail-biters provide much more excitement than any reality TV show.
-Attending such games is a social affair at times; whether it's someone with a fleeting interest in the game, or more hard-core fans (like me), you will have a fun time there.
-It's just so darn fun, that's all! :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2012, 7:41 pm

I've been a baseball fan all my life. I guess I couldn't really say why ... I appreciate the subtleties of it, the random unexpectedness of it, and for sure the difficulty of it.

And if you haven't seen George Carlin's hilarious routine on baseball vs football, here it is ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 7:07 am

I've played 7 years of baseball when I was younger, and am considering getting into a softball league. I can't run like I used to, but I really do love watching it. It's something that was instilled in me since I was a kid, so it always stuck around. I collect memorabilia too, jerseys, autographs and other things. I really love all teams but my favorites the Yankees. Here's a pic from over the summer, we won 4-2 against the Mets. (Subway Series get crazy!)

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 8:50 pm

Not applicable.

BigSnoopy126
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2012, 5:06 pm

Would you believe a guy born in 1969 whose favorite team is the Brookly Dodgers, who moved after 1957? That's me.

I love the timelessness of it. It's so relaxing, unlike other sports. It's a social event, as one said, but that's becasue you can talk between at bats and stuff.

And the history...I coudl spend hours combing www.baseball-reference.com and thinking about considering the what-ifs of different trades and the results over the next years, or other things. Indeed, I have - as dtf955baseballfan I've posted several timelines about it on www.alternatehistory.com. And, i even wrote a whole book about it, "If Baseball Intergrated Early,' about what happens if the game is integrated fromt he beginning, at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore

But, even without the history, and the complexity that can come from it, it would still be a lot of fun. As noted above, each game has that element of timelessness, as well - they could play forever. And, you'd recognize the game pretty well even if you went back 100 years - or 150 for that matter.