Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 8:24 am

Shatbat wrote:
LKL wrote:
I enjoy physical activity, too, but I'm not sure that you could pay me enough to run on a treadmill every day. I guess I just don't understand it.

Are you able to do static cardio in general? (treadmill, static bicycle, escalator, etc)

I'm not, and I've tried to analyze the exact reasons why. Static cardio is incredibly boring, but strenuous enough so that I can't really thing about anything else but the fact I'm running or pedaling in the exact same spot, even if I bring a book I can't concentrate on it enough for it to entertain me. It's just every single minute getting tired oh so slowly, totally aware of it. At least I can sightsee when I do the actual walking in the outside.

But even outside, can you walk for the sake of walking? I walk 50 minutes every weekday, but that's because there are 25 minutes from my university to where I live. Otherwise I wouldn't.

How static is your cardio? When I do get into the gym, intervals on the treadmill can make the time go much faster, because you're focusing on each increment vs the final finish line. I've been a fan of yoga for a long time, if only to keep the aches and pains of aging at bay.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 9:55 am

I see cardio mostly as warm-up, the gym is somewhat away from the rest of the campus so jogging there takes me 8 minutes, more or less. But the way I am, it's easier for me to hold something like a back lever for 20 very exhausting seconds, all out, than to do anything with my imcreasingly sore legs for minutes on end. I'm definitely trying out HITT instead.

sudowoodo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2013, 10:46 am

I would love to have a bodybuilder's physique myself. When it comes to what I'm attracted to, I don't have a preference one way or another.