I'm stymied and severely depressed

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2006, 12:43 am

I hope I don't come across as a whiny person, but it feels as if this is the straw that broke the camel's back! She could have at least offered to help in some way, like pick up something at the store, or ask if i needed anything. I am afraid to write back, because i will be bound to say something I will regret. Loneliness is far better than this constant misunderstanding and being hurt.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 5:54 am

hartzofspace wrote:
She could have at least offered to help in some way, like pick up something at the store, or ask if i needed anything.
Do you really want this NPD for a friend?

- Emerson

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2006, 2:32 pm

I am questioning that very carefully. I guess I just got all caught up in the wonder of someone wanting to be my friend, and therefore put up with a lot of things that, if I'd the ability, I could have seen were warning signals. I once had a counselor say that I discard people a little too quickly, but if I am not getting anything worthwhile out of the relationship, why the hell should I hang around for more abuse? I have told her on several occasions that her comments about negative programming cause me to feel that I shouldn't speak to her at all. But she never gets it. Because the next time I am casually commenting on something, she will whip out this irritating comment. She even tried to tell me about some audio tape to listen to in order to "cure" my autism. I assured her that I had no desire to cure it, that I embraced it as an intrinsic part of myself. She didn't get it. I don't even know how to answer her last e-mail, because it came across as so harsh. I would call her, but I have an extremely sore throat, and I couldn't bear her right now. :(