Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 9:57 pm

Tomorrow afternoon I will be meeting with autism researcher Dr Kim Dalton at the Waisman center ( http://www.waisman.wisc.edu/index.html ) on the campus of UW-Madison for my evaluation.

Hopefully all will go well tomorrow. I plan on leaving my home in Manitowoc around 8:30 or so. I have to make a brief lay-over in Oshkosh so I can pick up my parking pass, and then it's the next two hours on highway 151 and into the heart of downtown Madison.

If I can remember, I'll bring along the digital camera so I can take some pictures.

Hopefully I can get a good night's sleep. I woke up at noon today.

Wish me luck!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2005, 12:29 am

Best of luck, man. UW-Madison is a very aspie-friendly school, from my experience. I have Asperger's, and I didn't feel a trace of discomfort during my entire stay. Everyone seemed so friendly and easy to talk to. One girl was even smiling at me an awful lot... but that's another story. Anyhow, do check out a bar or a party while you're there. You won't regret it.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2005, 7:25 pm

I have returned from journey, a 300 mile round trip. It was an interesting day. I managed to find the place with little trouble and had about 15 minutes to spare before my appointment.

I met with Dr. Dalton and she gave me some forms to fill out and showed me a mock up of the MRI machine I'll be sticking myself into when I go back in May. I then got to sit in the machine iteself to feel what it's like. Pretty cramped if you asked me. They stick you pretty far into the machine and I felt like I was being stuffed into a cardboard tube.

Then my evaluation came along. Dr Dalton had other things to do so she turned everything over to one of her partners and a PhD student named "Brendon" who actually gave me the evaluation while the other doctor watched and took notes.

I was also videotaped. The videotape will be reviewed by Dr Dalton and my performance on it, coupled with the results of the tests I took today will be used to determine where I fall on the spectrum.

I then have to schedule my MRI session for may.