US/Israel Relations Debate, Moderated by Joe Klein

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 1:57 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRWdJYWRctw[/youtube]

Avraham Burg and Dennis Prager debate US/Israel relations.
I find myself not only agreeing with both of them almost equally(though more towards Dennis) in their concerns, but I also find them both touching on unique aspects of both the Left and the Right that are equally valid, and that we should consider with regards to the Jewish people, and how to navigate the issues regarding Israel. They do get off topic some bit on typical left-right debates but I do find their agreements instructional. I thought Joe Klein did a great job as a moderator, he is a moderate Liberal columnist from Time magazine, I did think he was wrong on a few things but was overall fair to both contestants.

The issue isn't how you feel about the West Bank, Golan Heights, or Gaza, the issue is, in light of an unfortunate reality that the Israeli's and Palestinians occupy, what is the most realistic path forward. No one wishes that Israel owned those territories, especially the Israeli's, but let us not forget why they came to own those territories, and what it has been willing to trade territory for: Peace. It worked has worked for some time with Egypt in returning Sinai to them, if the Palestinians would agree to lasting peace, it will work with them as well.

Jeff1981
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2012, 9:45 am

I'm not sure we can take anything Prager says seriously. The guy is, to put it mildly, a psychotic wackjob.

The problem with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is that they all act like babies all the time. It's very hard to reason with the unreasonable.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 9:14 pm

How so? He might be a psychotic wackjob, or he might not. What turned you off? Do you at least agree with some of the things that Avraham brought up?