Whats your fave/worst Simpsons episodes?(Simpsons fans only)

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 7:57 am

One of my favourite ones is the Mary Poppins one, on season 8.

Also I like ''The Parent Rap'' on season 13. And ''Lisa's First Word'' on season 4. Everybody I know who watched the Simpsons say that's their favourite too.

There are plenty others that I do like, but I can't think of them off hand. I like all Simpsons episodes because I love the show itself, but there are some episodes that are a bit far-fetched.

Like ''The Joy Of Sect'', on season 9, where the majority of the town get brainwashed by the leaders. I think that's a bit far-fetched, although I still watch it every now and again.

My other least favourite one is the one on season 3 where the power plant get ran by German people (can't remember what it was called, the title is in German).

What are your favourite/least favourite Simpson episodes?

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 12:17 pm

The Simpsons is pratically my favourite TV show in the world. Although I don't really watch it that much anymore but it's still No 1. I will admit I purposely miss new episodes on purpose. They're just not that good. They're so many I love and quite a few I dislike. I guess some of the ones I hate are the Halloween episodes. Not the early ones but the ones they probably have now. I can't say if it's my favourite episode but I do love the Homer the Smithers episode, the one where Homer is Mr Burns' temporary assistant while Smithers is on vacation.

monstermunch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2012, 1:30 pm

I must say, my worst simpsons episodes are the clip shows. They view parts of previous seen episodes, and I always like something new. Not saying I don't like them at all though, cos the simpsons is great.

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

monstermunch wrote:
I must say, my worst simpsons episodes are the clip shows. They view parts of previous seen episodes, and I always like something new. Not saying I don't like them at all though, cos the simpsons is great.

They did say they were sorry. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNuGqqDhPuY[/youtube]

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 3:19 pm

My favorite episode of The Simpsons is the one where Homer does something stupid, Marge disapproves, Bart approves, Lisa talks him out of doing it again, and Maggie gives him a hug.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 4:08 pm

I'm currently watching season 12. So far the only Simpson's episode I don't like is "The Principle and the Pauper."

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 1:28 pm

Favourite ones include "A Star is Burns"- Jay Sherman comes to Springfield for a film festival, Man hit in groin with football film, and of course Homer's insecurity with Jay around as well as this quote, "I was saying Boourns"
"Homer vs the Eighteenth Ammendment" Homer becomes the beer baron after prohibition is enforced in Springfield, and Rex Banner is in search of the Beer Baron. Lots of funny quotes and situations throughout
"Who Shot Mr Burns Part 1 and 2" Not many episodes were more memorable than these two. The only thing that detracted from it was Maggie somehow being revealed as the shooter.
"Team Homer" Homer forms a bowling team with Mr. Burns's money. Best quote "Yeah, that team sure did suck last night Moe. *pause* They didn't just suck. They were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked"

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 4:34 pm

My favourite was the one where a bear is found in Springfield and illegal immigrants are eventually used as a scapegoat. Classic Simpsons all the way!

The worst, well anything in the past ten years but one that sticks out was when Homer becomes a hippy and finds out his middle name. Ugh.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 1:10 pm

Ah, the Homer as a hippy thing actually makes sense as it continues a story arc related to his mother who hid from the police and Mr. Burns for daring to sabotage his biological warfare experiments in the 1960s and Mr. Burns' vendetta against her. The parts about the drugging of the town are priceless. The first of the Homer's mother episodes, an earlier one, has that scene of Mr. Burns in a tank ready to storm the Simpson home in search of his quarry, has the Ride of the Valkyries playing in the tank when all of a sudden it stops and Abba's "Waterloo" starts playing instead, with Smithers apologising for taping over his Wagner.

In my opinion, the greatest season is 1994-95, and specific episodes of greatness would have to include the one when they go to the Renaissance Fair and a fortune teller leads Lisa to imagine the future with an English fiance and her subsequent marriage. There's also the one titled "Lemon of Troy"; "You got citric acid in my eye! You'll pay, Springfield!" "We'll choke their rivers with our dead!" The one with Grandpa's sex tonic also is from that season with his amazing revelation that, of the tonic, he says, "Legend has it that my great grandpappy mixed this to create a cheap alternative to holy water".

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 1:16 pm

The Simpsons was always the best of this type of animated Sitcom, being funny without simply relying on nothing but shock humor and current pop culture references like the current ones.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 4:25 pm

One of my favorite Simpsons episode is the one with Pierce Brosnan guest-starring where he plays James Bond as a robot and RoboBond tries to seduce Marge.

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 4:30 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
One of my favorite Simpsons episode is the one with Pierce Brosnan guest-starring where he plays James Bond as a robot and RoboBond tries to seduce Marge.

I won a round of Taboo because of that episode, since Marge says she choose him because he played Remington Steel and the taboo question assumed you would only know him as Bond. :P

True story.

belladaisy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2012, 4:06 am

My favourite is King Size Homer, where he gains weight and wears a muu-muu. Basically anything from season 5-8 is genius eg. Homer vs the Eighteenth Amendment, Bart Gets an Elephant, A Star is Burns, Team Homer, You Only Move Twice, Homer Goes to College, Cape Feare (and pretty much anything with Sideshow Bob), Much Apu about Nothing...the list goes on. I even think there are some great new episodes, although they are much scarcer.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 10:38 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
I'm currently watching season 12. So far the only Simpson's episode I don't like is "The Principle and the Pauper."

Many of the fan sites consider "The Principal and the Pauper" the worst episode ever...even worse than "Worst Episode Ever".

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 5:11 pm

Not long ago I used to be obsessed with the Simpsons but around the time the movie came out my interest began to wane. Oh I still like them but I just don't really watch them any more. But I have enjoyed a lot of episodes, mostly from the 2nd to 5th season while others were like yugh. Such as:

FAVORITES:
The return of Sideshow Bob where he sends death threats to Bart in his own blood (and starts getting weak from writing EVERYTHING in his own blood), the Simpsons go on witness protection as the Thompsons, and then Homer terrifies Bart when he just wanted to give him brownies and show off his new chainsaw and hockey mask. I found that part hilarious, the way Homer suddenly burst into his room and started talking really fast and loud WOULDYOULIKEABROWNIEBEFOREYOUGOTOBED-- :lol:

Homer buys Lisa a pony after wrecking her life (again) and has to work at the Quick-E-Mart to pay for it, making him very sleep-deprived. I laughed like crazy at the Godfather reference when Lisa wakes up to find what looks like a dead horse's head in her bed complete with the scary music, but then the horse kisses her and she rides it into the kitchen shouting I LOVE YOU DAD!! !

The first "Flashback" episode where Homer is in a coma after Bart's April Fool's shaken-beer-can prank goes too far, and it shows all the different times Homer says "D'oh" in different episodes.

The episode where Homer gave up beer for a month and while touring the Duff Brewery a guy is removing all the beers with rats and mice and needles on a conveyer belt and when he stops to talk to Homer or maybe Barney he doesn't notice a jar of Duff with Hitler's head in it go by... :lol:

The one where Homer wrecks Lisa's life yet again when he gets her a "personalized" movie put together with the help of Ned when he couldn't get her the electronic diary she wanted for her birthday. The movie is a very dated Wild Western where a cowgirl with an unflattering photo of Lisa's face on it says that Lisa's favorite book is "magazines" and favorite food is "Chicken McNuggets" even though she's a vegetarian. Lisa was devastated because Homer obviously didn't know anything about her so he hires a guy to spy on her, but the episode got kind of boring after that...

And who could forget Homer's hallucinated adventures after he ingested "insanity peppers", although the first time I watched it it made me feel a little off and wondered if the writers were UTI of anything!

The "Backhouse" episode where Marge and Lisa go to a beach to clean up animals in an oil spill and when Bart is brought home by the Lady who runs Mason Derriere brings Bert home after he breaks something she owned, Homer is wearing a paper bag and explains "I have misplaced my pants" in a very matter-of-fact tone.

Lisa's First word - The 80's references, the evil clown bed, and Baby Lisa is adorable. What's not to love? And of course Maggie says her first word, "Daddy".

LEAST FAVORITE EPISODES:

The one where Snowball II meets the same fate as Snowball 1 (hit by a car) and Lisa keeps getting new cats only to see each of them killed shortly afterwards. When I saw this I was "What evil cat hater wrote THIS episode?!?" and then Lisa gets a cat just like Snowball II from the Crazy Cat Lady and decides to name her Snowball II and act like nothing had happened. Which is what I would have liked to have done. :(

"The Principal and the Pauper" I think most people would agree on this one.

Bart accidentally sets the plastic Christmas Tree on fire and ruins it and all the presents and then lies and says crooks stole everything (he buried the plastic green mess in the snow outside before the others got up). Everyone in Sprigfield tries to help the family but then they find out the truth and now everyone hates the Simpsons and end up taking everything they owned except a dish towel, I think. Really warm fuzzy holiday cheer, although it was cute when Homer says, "Where's Christmas" when he sees the tree and presents are missing.

Another "warm and fuzzy" holiday episode where Bart steals a violent Mortal-Kombat-inspired video game he wanted really badly and gets caught, and when Marge finds out she temporarily stops loving him. Of course, Bart feels really horrible about what he's done and makes up for it in the end, but shoplifting? I didn't think even Bart would stoop that low. :( He wouldn't steal the money from the collector's plate at church even though Rev. Lovejoy's daughter would and did...

The episode from season 1 where the characters weren't quite fully developed yet and Homer does something very un-Homer-like and sells the TV so he can pay for family therapy. It would have made sense now if Marge had done it, but in the earliest episodes Homer was more like a stern and even somewhat intelligent breadwinner dad and not the buffoon we know and love today. And his voice was a lot more monotone back then too.

The one where Milhouse's parents divorced and Homer is worried about his own marriage because apparently the only real reason they're together at all is because of Bart. In a recent "90's" episode Marge even gave up on college because of Homer.

"The Simpson's Go to Canada" episode. Or more specifically, "The Simpson's go to Toronto in the last five minutes of the episode when most other shows where the Simpson's travel to another country or even a state nearly the whole episode revolves around their antics". I remember being in front of my TV being all excited about this episode taking place in my own country, and then... I don't know if "disappointed" is the right word, don't you need to be surprised to be disappointed? I guess that's what most Americans know about Canada in a nutshell, although I thought at least one of the writers was from Canada. :? D'oh eh?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 5:39 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

Many of the fan sites consider "The Principal and the Pauper" the worst episode ever...even worse than "Worst Episode Ever".

Is that the one where Homer and Bart get a horse and train him to race and win by having an "attitude", and then Homer gets kidnapped by the Jockeys, who were actually like little elves in an underground world like Willy Wonka, and they sing to Homer in squeaky voices threatening to eat his skin if his horse won again? I thought that was pretty funny. Absurd and maybe offensive to real jockeys, but funny. :lol: