What type of people you attract/ What you don't attract.

Page 5 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 2:12 pm

Adam82 wrote:
We really do live in a Darwinian survival of the fittest society. When women actually admit they want a 'nasty' man. It's confirmed: bad boys are attractive.

Guess it's nothing I didn't already know.

I'd say men with an edge who can look after themselves as opposed to outright nasty
No one wants a 'yes man' in reality.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 2:27 pm

What type of people I attract:
- old people
- unhygienic people
- 12 year old females
- men
- creepy, stalkey people
- evil people

What type of people I don't attract:
- everyone else

sbarne3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2012, 4:37 pm

Adam82 wrote:
We really do live in a Darwinian survival of the fittest society. When women actually admit they want a 'nasty' man. It's confirmed: bad boys are attractive.

I always thought that women started out wanting the "bad boys", but that as they got older they became more attracted to the nice guys... but then again... What do I know? I'm 34 and still single :wall:

EQ=15 (low) SQ=27 (average)
Alexithymia Quiz=128/185 (high)
Enneagram type: 5 ("The Investigator")

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:42 pm

sbarne3 wrote:
Adam82 wrote:

I always thought that women started out wanting the "bad boys", but that as they got older they became more attracted to the nice guys... but then again... What do I know? I'm 34 and still single :wall:

No, as we get older we're more attracted to the younger men, just as the men are with younger women! :)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

Attract:
Drunks; drug addicts; drunk, drug-addicted musicians; overgrown children; men who want to domesticate me; very large men; foul-tempered men with anger issues; men with stutters and lisps who talk about "thekth" really loudly in public; mopey intellectuals who can't get along with anybody.

Repel:
Men with work ethics, cars of their own and realistic ambitions who can go out and have a few beers and not get bombed and pee in the parking lot and fall down in the bushes but still expect you to find them irresistible.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:54 pm

Adam82 wrote:

At least nessa admitted it. Most of them swear up and down that they want a sweet guy and yada yada, but are lying through their teeth.

I understand the "yes man" thing, however there are plenty of sweet guys who APPEAR to be yes men but have a backbone. Unfortunately these guys rarely end up in a relationship and when they do it is ended because the guy showed a backbone.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:54 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
Attract:
Drunks; drug addicts; drunk, drug-addicted musicians; overgrown children; men who want to domesticate me; very large men; foul-tempered men with anger issues; men with stutters and lisps who talk about "thekth" really loudly in public; mopey intellectuals who can't get along with anybody.

Repel:
Men with work ethics, cars of their own and realistic ambitions who can go out and have a few beers and not get bombed and pee in the parking lot and fall down in the bushes but still expect you to find them irresistible.

Lol that's hilarious! :D

I liked the men who talk loudly about "thekth" bit the best lol

I'm a female mopey intellectual myself so I don't have overtly high requirements of partners lol

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:57 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Adam82 wrote:

At least nessa admitted it. Most of them swear up and down that they want a sweet guy and yada yada, but are lying through their teeth.

I understand the "yes man" thing, however there are plenty of sweet guys who APPEAR to be yes men but have a backbone. Unfortunately these guys rarely end up in a relationship and when they do it is ended because the guy showed a backbone.

It's a bit more complex though in that the woman wants a certain level of control over the man but not total control so it's sort of like a back and forth power play that goes on and keeps both sides on their toes, like a game

sbarne3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

nessa238 wrote:
It's a bit more complex though in that the woman wants a certain level of control over the man but not total control so it's sort of like a back and forth power play that goes on and keeps both sides on their toes, like a game

And yet what's one of the most common phrases I see in women's dating profiles? "I don't want to play games"

EQ=15 (low) SQ=27 (average)
Alexithymia Quiz=128/185 (high)
Enneagram type: 5 ("The Investigator")

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

Oh, also, earlier, I wasn't trying to say I thought you were nasty, nessa. I had meant that if you're not necessarily attracted to the nicer guys, then they'll know and won't really do anything because they'll think they don't have a chance. I don't understand why since you're nice yourself, but oh well.

If your latest post is true, I don't have a chance in the world. I'm pretty nice but mess with me and you'd swear I had taken some testosterone shots. Truth is, I have no desire to play back and forth games at all with anybody, let alone a woman. :P

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

sbarne3 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

And yet what's one of the most common phrases I see in women's dating profiles? "I don't want to play games"

Well I suppose some people are more overt in playing the game than others but in my opinion it's usually going on in the background whatever anyone says ie the vying for control - it's human nature. It happens in most conversations even.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 5:08 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Oh, also, earlier, I wasn't trying to say I thought you were nasty, nessa. I had meant that if you're not necessarily attracted to the nicer guys, then they'll know and won't really do anything because they'll think they don't have a chance. I don't understand why since you're nice yourself, but oh well.

If your latest post is true, I don't have a chance in the world. I'm pretty nice but mess with me and you'd swear I had taken some testosterone shots. Truth is, I have no desire to play back and forth games at all with anybody, let alone a woman. :P

But the back and forth doesn't have to be a bad thing - it can be light-hearted and there are times when both people act together as a team.

I'm just speaking from my experience anyway; I can't speak for everyone. I just find there's more spark with a person when they evade control even though ultimately I aim for control lol

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 11:30 pm

I know this post has been dead for a while, but I think I just found a pattern just now. The sample size is small, but there have been a couple girls who were either as smart/smarter than me or more accomplished than me who were attracted to me. And no, that's not just what I'm attracted to, that seems to be a pattern for who is attracted to me. Seems like the more stupid a woman is, the less chance I have.

This is just a guess, but I'm thinking maybe that the badass women who are smarter than me or more accomplished put aside their hypergamous instincts because there aren't enough badass men around for them to realistically look for somebody better than themselves. Also if they are that type of person then they probably care about their work a lot, and I am endlessly curious about badass stuff, so they probably appreciate having a guy who cares about their work. Maybe it also helps that I think girls who can do badass stuff are really hot, and maybe they see that. I've gotten boners from reading wikipedia pages about math before, and if a pretty girl can do that for me, then she can give me two reasons to have a boner at once, which is more than twice as good.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 11:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Veiled Muslim women: On dating sites, every time I click on a veiled woman's profile by mistake I got a message from her.

I'm not sure if it's been said already.. but there's a way of finding out who has clicked on your page - could explain why they respond to you after you've clicked on them "accidentally".

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

24 Feb 2013, 12:24 am

1. Externally insecure women who are secure inside

2. Women who don't care about self-improvement (deal breaker!)

3. Very traditional women.

4. Non-feminine women

What I'm attracted to:

1. Externally secure women who are insecure inside (this is like me)

2. Women who care about self-improvement

3. Very liberal women.

4. Somewhat feminine women (if the girl's into all guy stuff, considering that I'm not into all guy stuff, there's nothing to talk about)

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 12:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The type of women that I usually attract:

1- Veiled Muslim women: It's pretty funny how these aggressively follow me even after knowing I am atheist, they're the most insisting group ever, I literally run away from them and they literally follow me. On dating sites, every time I click on a veiled woman's profile by mistake I got a message from her. Let alone the real life encounters - oh boy.

The first ~30 seconds are just for you! :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oukQ5Z5258[/youtube]