Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Quickduck
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Dec 2006, 9:24 am

I've just had my Annual Performance Review at work. Not always the most enjoyable of experiences. Although it didn't go too badly this year. Apparently I'm 'meeting their expectations' (whatever that means).

They did say that I'm inconsistent and easily distracted. And seem to get overwhelmed and stressed a little too often (Well, I could have told them that).

They also told me that I'm 'a team player'. I find this rather surprising as I've deliberately spent most of the year trying to ignore the team. As indeed I did the previous year when I was told I 'wasn't a team player'.

They did say they were going to have a word with one of my colleagues, who'd made offensive comments about me. Nice of them to make the effort I suppose. But it's been a long time since such comments have bothered me.

Does anyone else have an Annual Performance Review at work?

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 10:44 am

I am waiting to see what my review will be like (especially considering I see my coworkers/management face to face for only 4 days this year).

I have been thought them though at IBM. Sounds similar to your except for a few minute differences.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate