Deaths of our schoolmates and teachers

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 8:52 am

Did it ever happen that any teachers or fellow students from your school died? (Speaking of those in here, who are already adults, I'm thinking of times when you were still at school as kids, teens or college aged young adults). And did any of them die after you already left school, too?

When I was in later classes of elementary school, one little girl from my school died - she got mumps or something like that and there were complications and two boys from the high school, with which our school shared one building, also died - one accidentally drowned in the river and the other one fell down from the balcony of the hotel, in which his class was spending the night when they were on a school trip - he tried to get to the room of the girls through the balcony but fell down and died.

Also, three of my teachers died - one had a stroke a month before I graduated from college, the other two - my German language and art teachers - died when I was already out of school.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 9:10 am

There was one teacher when I was in high school who passed away of unknown causes in his sleep.
My year adviser from high school passed away sometime over the last year or so.
When I was in year 7 my science teacher went "missing".

I remember one kid in the special ed unit had a really severe seizure and died. That was kinda sad. We got called up to the school counselor cause me and my friends kinda helped out with those kids a lot.
And a kid a year or two above me died in a crash (was going too fast around a bend). His brother ran for school captain in his memory.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Nov 2012, 12:39 pm

Two of my peers died last summer, and a school counselor died during my freshman year. I'm still a junior...

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 12:40 pm

A lad I didn't know very well died of Leukemia in my year group.

Towards the end of school there was someone (who I guess was an Acquaintance more then a friend) who was on holiday with his family in Spain. Him and his parents were killed in a car crash, the only survivor was his brother who was in the same academic year as my brother. Was quite an upsetting event for the school as he was quite a popular and well liked lad. Then we all had the misfortune to watch his younger brother struggle with emotional and mental health difficulties over the subsequent years resulting from this accident. Not sure what became of him after school he did go off the rails in a kinda slow motion car crash sort of way (no pun intended)