Page 1 of 33 [ 515 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 42

27 Nov 2012, 4:10 pm

I have some biblical issues regarding feminism.

Please hear me out.

I know many of you are americans. I'm not. I grew up in Sweden. More to the point, I grew up in the ninties (a VERY feminist decade) in the most feminist town in all of Sweden.

During my upbringing, I came to see feminist ideas as the "official" truth, since all authorities and the media seemed to subscribe to it. I tried most my life to live up to the image of what a "good alternative/progressive guy" was supposed to be...

And it turned out it was all for nothing. Not even the girls/women I had admired as role models seemed to like the allaround nice guy I tried to be, the one they'd said they wanted me to be.

So...in short. I looked up to/admired feminists/women, I took everything they said as truth, and THOSE B'TCHES LIED TO ME!! !

I simply can't let it go. It's lika a christian upbringing, you can distance yourself from the religion, but the values are still kinda ingrained in you...



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

27 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

Congratulations on having grown up.



thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,124

27 Nov 2012, 4:53 pm

Ahh yes. Neutered man syndrome.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

27 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

Forget about them, and satisfy yourself with a trip to Russia or Ukraine.



madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 42

27 Nov 2012, 5:19 pm

I''m thinking more like Thailand, but I really appreciate hispanic countries and places where people are more safe in their gender identities, where you don't have to put up with all that questioning all the time...

This is not unheard of then?



puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,777
Location: Cottonopolis

27 Nov 2012, 5:31 pm

I wish all the men who complain about Western women would just move abroad so I didn't have to listen to them. Or if they're happy enough with their mail order bride, why do they need to remind us how abhorrent we are all the time? If they don't like us, why can't they just stay away from us and do us both a favour? Are they trying to make us jealous? It doesn't make me jealous because I don't like men sexually that much; it just gets boring and irritating for me to listen to them tell me what a b***h I am. Pandora's Feminist Box is open, and I have no intention of changing. You might be able to guilt the more heterosexual women into it, but please spare me.



madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 42

27 Nov 2012, 5:41 pm

Puddingmouse:

I have "not" complained about women in general. In my view, everyone can live their lives as they see fit.

I don't even have issues with feminists fighting for women's rights.

What "does" disturb me is women/feminists trying to teach boys/men how to "be" in order to be good/successful. I'm not telling "you" how to be a woman. I wouldn't have the faintest idea!

So don't tell me how to be a successful man. Not if you don't know for sure, you're much more likely to do harm than good.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

27 Nov 2012, 5:47 pm

madamehussein wrote:
I''m thinking more like Thailand, but I really appreciate hispanic countries and places where people are more safe in their gender identities, where you don't have to put up with all that questioning all the time...

This is not unheard of then?


Thailand is loads of fun.

What sort of "questioning" are you talking about?



puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,777
Location: Cottonopolis

27 Nov 2012, 5:48 pm

Eh, I'm the kind of feminist who doesn't concern myself much with telling men to do anything because I don't think they'll ever listen. I see feminism as a way of connecting with other women who want out of the gender restrictions in society.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

27 Nov 2012, 5:52 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Pandora's Feminist Box is open.


Is that a nightclub?



puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,777
Location: Cottonopolis

27 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Pandora's Feminist Box is open.


Is that a nightclub?


No-one would ever go to a nightclub with feminist in the name. We're supposed to be no fun, remember?



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

27 Nov 2012, 5:54 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Pandora's Feminist Box is open.


Is that a nightclub?


No-one would ever go to a nightclub with feminist in the name. We're supposed to be no fun, remember?


Oh, good point.



madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 42

27 Nov 2012, 5:58 pm

ArrantPariah:

Questioning the gender roles I guess. It's good to an extent but...gender roles (as do all norms) provide a sense of meaning, confort and stability. I can really tell the difference between Sweden and Portugal for instance, or Austria. Everyone seems more calm, "content" somehow.

Puddingmouse:

But thereby you say that men "should" listen to what you're saying, or am I wrong? And not just "some" men, but "all" men...correct?

I see feminism at its best as a means to fight and discuss all gender inequalites. Women have serious power in some contexts. At its worst I see feminism as just a new set of norms, as oppressive and sometimes more as the old ones.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

27 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

madamehussein wrote:
During my upbringing, I came to see feminist ideas as the "official" truth, since all authorities and the media seemed to subscribe to it. I tried most my life to live up to the image of what a "good alternative/progressive guy" was supposed to be...

And it turned out it was all for nothing. Not even the girls/women I had admired as role models seemed to like the allaround nice guy I tried to be, the one they'd said they wanted me to be.

So...in short. I looked up to/admired feminists/women, I took everything they said as truth, and THOSE B'TCHES LIED TO ME!! !


Did they promise you anything as a reward for being a "good alternative/progressive guy?"

As I understand it, Feminists are not supposed to reward men for being "good." They might punish men who do not live up to standards of goodness. If you are looking for coitus: Feminists will have coitus with men to whom the are attracted. They're not going to give it to you as a reward for being "good."

So, yeah, what would the point be? You probably weren't lied to, but you were clearly expecting too much.



27 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

madamehussein wrote:
I have some biblical issues regarding feminism.

Please hear me out.

I know many of you are americans. I'm not. I grew up in Sweden. More to the point, I grew up in the ninties (a VERY feminist decade) in the most feminist town in all of Sweden.

During my upbringing, I came to see feminist ideas as the "official" truth, since all authorities and the media seemed to subscribe to it. I tried most my life to live up to the image of what a "good alternative/progressive guy" was supposed to be...

And it turned out it was all for nothing. Not even the girls/women I had admired as role models seemed to like the allaround nice guy I tried to be, the one they'd said they wanted me to be.

So...in short. I looked up to/admired feminists/women, I took everything they said as truth, and THOSE B'TCHES LIED TO ME!! !

I simply can't let it go. It's lika a christian upbringing, you can distance yourself from the religion, but the values are still kinda ingrained in you....







It's called......................................*drumroll*....................................*badum-ching!* Indoctrination. They taught you what to think and not HOW to think. And yes, they did lie to you and while they may not have put much thought into the possibility that you'd figure it out, their expectation is that you'd go along with it. And as you can see, your being ridiculed for questioning it which is a common tactic used to enforce social conformity.

I guess there are some things in life that we have to figure out on our own. You know, "if you have to ask, you'll never know".



YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,986

27 Nov 2012, 7:07 pm

Quote:
And it turned out it was all for nothing.


Did you think the feminists were supposed to pay you with sex for supporting their ideals?
That if you do or say something a woman likes, you're entitled to a shag?
And if she doesn't pay up, she's a b***h?
Is that your thought process? Really?
:roll: