Les Miserables movie, a few clips released

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 8:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WSysB5 ... LZ&index=4

5 clips. I was worried about Russell Crowe, but looks like he did a great job. Big fan of the stage show, can't wait for this.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 10:24 pm

I'm really not impressed by Russell Crowe or Hugh Jackman's singing. I hate to say it, but that clip actually looks kind of ridiculous rather than serious.

To be honest, the only reason I wanted to see this movie in the first place was because of Helena Bonham Carter's character since I am a huge fan of hers and I know she is capable of singing decently because of her performance in Sweeney Todd. Since her part in Les Miserables is rather small from what I understand, I will just wait for the movie to come out on DVD (or at least for someone to put a clip of "Master of the House" on Youtube) rather than going to the theater.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 4:42 pm

I'm still not sure what I think of the movie yet and these clips don't really make me think 'wow that looks amazing' or 'oh no it's rubbish!' I will have to reserve judgement for when I actually see it in the cinema (us unlucky Brits have to wait until mid January :( )

I think the thing is that we have to go in expecting to see an adaption of Victor Hugo's novel rather than try and compare it to the musical stage version. I hope it is good though.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:28 am

This movie would be good if Anne Hathaway was not in it, let alone partake in a brutal haircutting scene.