Trouble reading handwriting other than my own?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

nonames
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2012, 11:43 pm

I have bad handwriting, but it's not horrible. I can read it. If it's older I sometimes have trouble, but I can still read it. Teachers have never complained.The occasional friend can't read it. My parents complain but their handwriting is even worse. But then again I can't read ANYBODY's handwriting. Even the ones who write neat. I just can't. I usually ask them to say it out loud since I can write fast enough to just listen to them. Deciphering other's notes is a pain. When we used to have to correct each other's spelling tests... I was always asking the person what they meant. Anything typed is fine as long as they don't use a cursive font. Also I can write in cursive but I can't read it well (it's my own writing!) if time has passed and I forgot what I wrote, I can't read it. Computer handwriting recognition reads better than I do.

Is this called something? Could it be related to AS? I heard some can't write well, but I can write okay.

Cinnamon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2012, 9:19 am

That's odd; I never heard of that before. Is it perhaps a form of dyslexia? If you can read your own handwriting that may be because you already know what you have written.

I cannot read my own handwriting very well, but that is because it's awful! I'm okay with reading other people's handwriting though.