Creating a new thread because you are bored and would like

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 1:30 pm

someone to respond.

I do this in the Health section all the time.

Though it helps that exercise is basically all I do, I do just post a lot on there because I have an OCD-esque satisfaction from the responses.

Is this a bad thing?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

Yes.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:27 pm

I don't think it's a bad thing. I think we all seek to be recognized and validated to a certain degree; that's part of why we post here. I have a rather self centered fantasy where I make a post that generates hundreds of responses. Sometimes I'll reply to something, and I can't wait to see if someone has replied to mine. WP represents the majority of my socializing, so that's probably part of it.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 4:33 pm

Personally, I feel lonely and like to hear from different people about myself. Its not that I'm not self-aware, I just seem to have a need for other people's approval and reassurance in myself and my abilities. Might be similar for other aspies.

So, maybe a personality trait for some people that isn't being fulfilled elsewhere?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 10:11 pm

It's why anyone posts anything on the internet.