Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 3:29 am

I'm a girl and I'm straight but I'm heavily involved with LGBT rights stuff. I care about it deeply and I'm even the Historian of my college's gay-straight alliance (it's a large state university). Most of my friends are gay men and my friends say I'm a gay man in a woman's body. Is this normal for a straight person to be so into this? I definitely think it's positive either way because it is all so rewarding. I'm not a "fag hag" (intending to have sex with gay men) by the way, I prefer the term "gay boy bunny."

Tsela
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Dec 2012, 3:44 am

Hi! First, I'd like to thank you for your involvement and efforts. We need all the straight allies we can get in our fight for equal treatment. As a gay man who does sexual orientation awareness trainings where I work (to create more straight allies like you), I applaud you!

As for whether it's "normal", I surely hope it is, in the sense that everyone should feel concerned by injustice, even if that injustice doesn't involve them personally!

http://christophoronomicon.blogspot.com/
http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/

frostbite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Dec 2012, 4:49 am

Hmm, I would have to say it is not normal. But damn it normal sucks. What you are is a human being with a purpose that goes beyond serving yourself. You are like a male feminist or a white person against racism in the 1800s. They weren't normal, they were awesome and so are you. You are a blessing to humanity :D Screw normal

Kyton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2012, 4:49 am

im a straight male and i frequently give my gay friend advice on trying to find himself a boyfriend, he suffers from extreme anxiety.
i dont think its strange at all honestly, a friend is a friend reguardless of sexual orientation,race, religion, height,weight, zip code, hair color, football team, sock length preference, nipple size, beer preference, or whatever else the idiots of the world have come up with as a reason to hate on each other.

[rant]
and imo, if it wasnt normal, id still support it because this is a world where everyones too worried about thinking other peoples lives are any of their concern, not to be vulgar, but they need to shut the f**k up and mind their own business.
[/rant]

khnk222

10 Dec 2012, 9:31 am

I am a straight aspie dude and I also support allowing gay people the same rights that I have. I don't do any protesting (too young for that) and it's probably not a good ideal in Virginia anyways. I would defend a gay person in an argument and that sort of thing if I notice an opportunity to, I don't get out much so I mostly voice my support on the internet.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 12:55 pm

I have several friends who are best described as: "Straight, but not narrow."