Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

Has anybody you ever talked to ignored you, even though you did anything wrong, or even had a friend of theirs told you to leave them alone, even though, well, what I said?

That's happened to me. I dunno why, but it's just so sad what our society has become; very paranoid. I don't bite anyone, I'm not a maniac! This has been my undoing...... :(

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 6:19 pm

Yes all the time-I am still in the dark as to why many of the people I know did what they did even though I was always there and available to listen I was ignored and basically thrown away by people-I guess I will never understand things.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 6:31 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
Yes all the time-I am still in the dark as to why many of the people I know did what they did even though I was always there and available to listen I was ignored and basically thrown away by people-I guess I will never understand things.

Glad to hear I am not alone on this front...... it distresses me.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 6:58 pm

It probably means that you were bothering them even though you didn't realise you were. Like say...when they tell you many times that they aren't interested (in friendship either) by saying stuff like, "Oh, I've been so busy. Maybe when I get a car we can drive somewhere nice". Because of my literal thinking, sometimes I *still* believe people when they tell me stuff like this, or I think they're playing hard-to-get, or I believe they really are busy. You have to read between the lines. Aspies say stupid things like that too.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2012, 7:08 pm

Yes, two people just stopped speaking to me for no reason as far as I knew, in the space of couple of months this summer.

One was a man I liked and felt quite close to, then he got a girlfriend and started blatantly ignoring and excluding me in public. I lost a whole group of friends as I was so humiliated I couldn't bear to show my face there any more. Obviously I was good enough to fill the gaps when he was single & lonely, good enough to practice flirting with, then as soon as someone came along who was loveable and girlfriend material, I'd served my purpose and was dropped like yesterday's garbage.

One was a woman I flatshared with, I moved out still friends with her as I thought, then she stopped taking my calls. I tried several times a week for 10 weeks to contact her, until it finally sank in that she clearly didn't want the friendship any more and I was borderline-stalking her and should move on.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 7:13 pm

ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
Yes, two people just stopped speaking to me for no reason as far as I knew, in the space of couple of months this summer.

One was a man I liked and felt quite close to, then he got a girlfriend and started blatantly ignoring and excluding me in public. I lost a whole group of friends as I was so humiliated I couldn't bear to show my face there any more. Obviously I was good enough to fill the gaps when he was single & lonely, good enough to practice flirting with, then as soon as someone came along who was loveable and girlfriend material, I'd served my purpose and was dropped like yesterday's garbage.

One was a woman I flatshared with, I moved out still friends with her as I thought, then she stopped taking my calls. I tried several times a week for 10 weeks to contact her, until it finally sank in that she clearly didn't want the friendship any more and I was borderline-stalking her and should move on.

I have been disposed of like garbage many times over the years and I still do not know why in some of the cases.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 7:55 pm

<--- Gets ignored like a dog in the street.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 9:29 pm

It makes me wonder, why I get ignored: "Why, oh, why, must the world be so cruel to me?"

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
One was a man I liked and felt quite close to, then he got a girlfriend and started blatantly ignoring and excluding me in public. I lost a whole group of friends as I was so humiliated I couldn't bear to show my face there any more. Obviously I was good enough to fill the gaps when he was single & lonely, good enough to practice flirting with, then as soon as someone came along who was loveable and girlfriend material, I'd served my purpose and was dropped like yesterday's garbage

Yeh, men often do that with me when they get girlfriends. Exactly as highlighted in bold. :?

Groltag
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2012, 2:46 pm

It mostly happened at school. One day people would talk to me and I'd think I was getting somewhere, the next they'd blank and ignore me for weeks.

It took me over two years to properly catch on to the "Game" so I eventually just stopped bothering. It's awful.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 5:31 pm

Yup. It's pretty rare, but when it does happen, it's very obvious that certain people get some kind of vibe from me they don't like. I don't care though. Almost all of them have turned out to be judgmental jerks anyway. Even rarer are those that have been like that on first meeting, but turned out to be pretty decent folks.

Ya just never really know for sure.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2012, 6:08 pm

What is really horrible about being treated like that is, I still miss the person and the happy times we had.

But the person I miss isn't even real. The real is the person who turned their back and walked away. Who had stopped caring long before they left (if they ever did) and couldn't let me down gently.

That is what they really are. Everything else was fakery. And as well as getting over the hurt of being dumped I have to recover from the feeling of being stupid enough to be taken in.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 6:40 pm

It vexes me to think that some people want to avoid me for no good reason. It's their loss, really.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 6:51 pm

equestriatola wrote:
It vexes me to think that some people want to avoid me for no good reason. It's their loss, really.

Right! It's there loss. So try to learn not to let it vex you. :D

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 7:01 pm

MrXxx wrote:
equestriatola wrote:

Right! It's there loss. So try to learn not to let it vex you. :D

*nods* Thank you.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 7:54 pm

If only the world were more altruistic, IMO.....