I have never had a boyfriend!

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 7:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ask guys out and I guarantee you'll get a bf.

But you have to handle rejections.

Don't do like those girls who get rejected once and never ask out again because "guys get scary when they're asked out". bs.

This.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm

If anyone in this topic would like a boyfriend, I am available. :jester:

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 4:36 pm

Bazinga4 wrote:
I have been asked out twice before but I think they were joking.I don't go clubbing or out drinking so that's why it's so hard to find a boyfriend.Any ideas?

Yes and No. Those are certainly places that women can excel at meeting guys, because those are popular places guys go to meet women.

But it doesn't have to be a deal breaker. There are places where you can find guys who don't like that, but you may have to be a little more assertive. A museum or something can be a good place, but you may have to start the conversation.

Of course, you can also try online dating, as that is heavily favored towards women.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

17 Dec 2012, 5:07 pm

It may be scary to ask out some guys, but find a shy, nerdy guy, or just a shy guy, whom you'd think you'd get along with and ask him out. You'll get a bf in no time. Just don't ask super social AND hot guys out because those are most likely players who will take advantage of you. They're also more likely to judge you for taking initiative. Find someone who is hot and shy; those are the best of all worlds. If he's single he will almost certainly say yes to at least one date, and since you hopefully picked a shy one, he will very much appreciate the effort you made.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 5:14 pm

.......would you like one? :oops:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

MariaMosum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2012, 9:44 pm

Develop your self confidence and don't be scared to give your first try.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 6:39 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You are asking this from woman with Aspergers? They can be just as scared as the guys!

I think she just needs to talk to the guy she likes more and ask him to do other things with him outside of their social circle.

Jessicella
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Dec 2012, 7:36 am

I am so very happy that I have found this site. It makes me feel not so weird and not alone.

I've been in one weird type of relationship... but I was too distant or whatever or afraid of attachment (probably because I'm an aspie duh lol) and just remained friends. But I am still trying to get out of my comfort zone. And trying to get myself a bf.

And if people ask if you have ever had a boyfriend, it's really not their business. Make something up (long distance relationship?...lol). It's really nobody's business. And who the heck cares? If you are happy, then awesome. If you are not, then try to branch out a little.

But don't feel bad because it is surprising to know that there are a lot of people like you. Myself included and I understand how you feel.

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Dec 2012, 2:02 pm

I know how you feel, too.

I had only 1 girlfriend in HS (I don't really think "online relationships" actually count), and if I never dated her, I don't think I would have even lost my virginity (not that it's really a bad thing, but loneliness sucks). I've honestly never really had the self-confidence (mostly fear) to really go seek a girlfriend in my town. I did try a couple times, but I just did not really know how to go about it.

Almost all of my relationships over the years were online girlfriends, and I never really met them (mainly because I've never really had a job or an income). I still don't really know how to go about getting a girlfriend outside of the internet. On the internet, I can act without any fears, but when it comes to offline? My fear holds me back and I've never really had the self-confidence to do it.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

Bazinga4 wrote:
I am 20 and I have still havn't had a boyfriend.In my class there r girls who are 17 and 19 and have been wit their boyfriend for 2 years.I stupidly told people in my class that I never had a boyfriend and they kind of joked about it saying that they will look for a boyfriend for me in college which hurt because at the time it got my hopes up.I would love to have a boyfriend but I am shy and just get nervous around guys.There was a guy in the choir I go to that I kind of liked but I could never go up to him on my own to talk I always had to go with a friend because I wouldn't know what to say.He has now left the choir because he wants to set up his own choir.I did make an effort and gave him some compliments but it didn't work.Help! Where am i going wrong?

i'm 25 and never had a girlfriend, i bet you will have your first boyfriend before 25

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 3:06 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm 38 and have never had a REAL boyfriend either, although I've had a couple of mild crushes and like many other female aspies I've been good friends with men. I'm so sick of our singlephobic society and that my not even being interested in having a lover can only mean I have something HORRIBLY wrong with me and it MUST be cured or I'll be MISERABLE and ALONE the rest of my life! :roll: I even read that guys who remain single are starting to be labeled as spinsters now. Stupid world. :x

I'm nearly 40, never had a real OR fake boyfriend, and as to friendships with men, I haven't even had that. I don't know what the future holds, but I won't be surprised if this was never in the cards.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 7:35 pm

I am 31 and have never been in a relationship in my life. At your age, you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure it will happen for you :)

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 12:13 pm

starting to make me feel better i guess, because it seems there are more male late-bloomers than female late-bloomers

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 2:53 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
It may be scary to ask out some guys, but find a shy, nerdy guy, or just a shy guy, whom you'd think you'd get along with and ask him out. You'll get a bf in no time. Just don't ask super social AND hot guys out because those are most likely players who will take advantage of you. They're also more likely to judge you for taking initiative. Find someone who is hot and shy; those are the best of all worlds. If he's single he will almost certainly say yes to at least one date, and since you hopefully picked a shy one, he will very much appreciate the effort you made.

Unfortunately, for guys, hot and shy is a very rare combination.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 4:06 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

Unfortunately, for guys, hot and shy is a very rare combination.

Then ask out hot guys instead - simple, problem solved. :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You are asking this from woman with Aspergers? They can be just as scared as the guys!

And so what?