Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 10:20 pm

Does anyone else get incredibly down in the dumps during their period? It's like I have been assaulted by those - whatchamacallits - dementors. Everything seems truly bleak, even though I know it's caused by false premises. :(

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 11:01 pm

Definitely. Although for me it is also the half a week leading up to my period. I am constantly sad and angry, and I feel mostly hopeless. I find that getting regular sleep, keeping on top of the pain with naproxen sodium (or what ever anti-inflammatory pain med works for you) and giving in to my food cravings. If I can anticipate it the week before and eat really healthy and sleep well it is not as bad.

I am sorry you are feeling down. I hope it passes soon.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 11:44 pm

Thanks. :) It's beginning to fade now so that's good. It's nice to know others fight with this too.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 1:04 am

Ohh yeah. :lol:

Proper nutrition helps massively.
But if you think that route is too effort, time and money intensive, then a tablespoon of both maca root power and yucca root powder every morning mixed into your breakfast will help heaps still if your on PMS.

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

21 Dec 2012, 5:33 am

Most definitely. For a week before I am so seriously depressed it's almost a relief when it does happen because that why I'm so messed up and I know it's not really that bad. I crave chocolate of course, but also of all the weird things chicken.

Important things to note: Mountain dew helps me a lot during PMS. Caffeine not only gives you energy but is a natural diuretic and helps with the bloating, as well as the sugar gets you going a little more. Also, the female metabolism is geared to process about 30% more calories during this time, so giving into cravings isn't really a big deal.

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

21 Dec 2012, 10:43 am

Most definitely. For a week before I am so seriously depressed it's almost a relief when it does happen because that why I'm so messed up and I know it's not really that bad. I crave chocolate of course, but also of all the weird things chicken.

Important things to note: Mountain dew helps me a lot during PMS. Caffeine not only gives you energy but is a natural diuretic and helps with the bloating, as well as the sugar gets you going a little more. Also, the female metabolism is geared to process about 30% more calories during this time, so giving into cravings isn't really a big deal.

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 4:41 pm

I don't get PMS but I get depressed when I have periods because I feel like everyone around me can smell it even though I shower obsessively during that time. I also feel angry that I can't satisfy my boyfriend (he likes giving oral) then.