Recieved /Sent Okc percentage

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,937
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

25 Dec 2012, 4:40 pm

In the okcupid's inbox, there's usually 28 messages displayed per page (let's consider the last page is full too) so by multiplying this number by the number of pages you can get a fairly accurate number of the received and sent messages.


I start (with my newly created account created on 11 august):

Sent: 28*7 = 196

Received: 28*3 = 84

84/196 = 42.8%

which means that almost ~42.8% of the messages I sent have been replied. Surely it's not highly accurate (I estimate it's even 5 to 10% less than that)

I guess this calculation only makes sense for the males though (sense they are the "Senders") ; maybe the females should calculate Sent/Recieved instead to get the estimated % of how often they reply to the messages they receive.



Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 25 Dec 2012, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishTusk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
Location: Leven, Fife

25 Dec 2012, 4:54 pm

I suck so bad at Maths I'll just say this.

On my sent list it says I've 53 conversations, On my Incoming I've 39


_________________
Your Aspie score: 56 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 144 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,937
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

25 Dec 2012, 5:01 pm

How do you get the number of conversations?



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,937
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

25 Dec 2012, 5:04 pm

Ahh it's in the bottom of the inbox/sentbox's page, well use these numbers instead folks.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,937
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

25 Dec 2012, 5:06 pm

recalculating mine:

85/209 = ~40%

Close enough lol.



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,774
Location: None

25 Dec 2012, 5:35 pm

No idea. Go to my profile and tell me what the reply thing says /shrug :p
On a NZ dating site my reply ratio is 9%.
But you have to realise most of the people on there can't even string a sentence together.



BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,285

25 Dec 2012, 6:04 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
No idea. Go to my profile and tell me what the reply thing says /shrug :p
On a NZ dating site my reply ratio is 9%.
But you have to realise most of the people on there can't even string a sentence together.


but i good rite very! u want f*k 2nite?

:wall:

(I hear you... for those of use who appreciate what we learned in GRADE SCHOOL, seeing a decently-written message is rare!)



MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,072
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

25 Dec 2012, 10:26 pm

ive sent 2 messages and both were replied. But thats it, i just dont message people at all.



yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Sep 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,860
Location: Australia

25 Dec 2012, 11:07 pm

I don't know, I tidy my inbox frequently. No point leaving dead conversations in there, clogging up the space.



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,774
Location: None

26 Dec 2012, 12:35 am

BlueMax wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
No idea. Go to my profile and tell me what the reply thing says /shrug :p
On a NZ dating site my reply ratio is 9%.
But you have to realise most of the people on there can't even string a sentence together.


but i good rite very! u want f*k 2nite?

:wall:

(I hear you... for those of use who appreciate what we learned in GRADE SCHOOL, seeing a decently-written message is rare!)


Here's an example of what I've been messaged recently. I'll grab 5 random messages.

"hello"
"Love to get into your pants lol mmmm!" - (From a 56 year old... yuck!)
"Hi"
"Want to sit on me and ride me as long as you want?" (pass)
"hi miss i think tooooo much sometimes it gives me a headache.lol"

And people wonder why they don't get replied to.



OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,076
Location: Westminster, SC

26 Dec 2012, 1:07 am

hale_bopp wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
No idea. Go to my profile and tell me what the reply thing says /shrug :p
On a NZ dating site my reply ratio is 9%.
But you have to realise most of the people on there can't even string a sentence together.


but i good rite very! u want f*k 2nite?

:wall:

(I hear you... for those of use who appreciate what we learned in GRADE SCHOOL, seeing a decently-written message is rare!)


Here's an example of what I've been messaged recently. I'll grab 5 random messages.

"hello"
"Love to get into your pants lol mmmm!" - (From a 56 year old... yuck!)
"Hi"
"Want to sit on me and ride me as long as you want?" (pass)
"hi miss i think tooooo much sometimes it gives me a headache.lol"

And people wonder why they don't get replied to.


I usually ignore anyone who replies 'hi' and 'hello'. I have yet to receive a sexual message from anyone. Lol

I got lucky; Being a gentleman has its perks :)


_________________
Okay people, bring me a spatula, some tanks, and an anenome! Sh*t's gettin' real tonight!
SKYPE meh!: thegreengiddly


hyperlexian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 21,997
Location: with bucephalus

26 Dec 2012, 1:21 am

hale_bopp wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
No idea. Go to my profile and tell me what the reply thing says /shrug :p
On a NZ dating site my reply ratio is 9%.
But you have to realise most of the people on there can't even string a sentence together.


but i good rite very! u want f*k 2nite?

:wall:

(I hear you... for those of use who appreciate what we learned in GRADE SCHOOL, seeing a decently-written message is rare!)


Here's an example of what I've been messaged recently. I'll grab 5 random messages.

"hello"
"Love to get into your pants lol mmmm!" - (From a 56 year old... yuck!)
"Hi"
"Want to sit on me and ride me as long as you want?" (pass)
"hi miss i think tooooo much sometimes it gives me a headache.lol"

And people wonder why they don't get replied to.

i would reply to each and every one of those, with a critique. something like:

Quote:
it seems that you are attempting to start a conversation. thanks for your interest! however, i don't generally ride anyone who has evidently not bothered to read my profile. it's offputting to be hit on by someone who hasn't even personalised their cut-and-paste message. i am not averse to hooking up, but i prefer to hook up with men who have put more substance into their messages.


....and then i blocked them before they could reply. :D i was not interested in whatever they had to say, i just hoped they'd take my advice for the next woman they contacted. they probably wouldn't, but the only other option was to ignore them, and then they wouldn't know what they did wrong.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 542

26 Dec 2012, 2:08 am

40%?! For a guy, that's pretty damn good. Most guys only receive a less than 2% response rate.

Of course, OkCupid is one of the easier dating sites to connect with women on. On Match, I feel sometimes that the women are too preppy/stuck-up, especially the hot ones, but I also have to take into consideration that over half the women on Match who posted profiles don't have a paid account and thus can't reply. Same thing with eHarmony. Nevertheless, I've messaged and have met women from all three sites. I haven't used POF much yet, but I know there are a lot of hotties on there.



yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Sep 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,860
Location: Australia

26 Dec 2012, 2:15 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Here's an example of what I've been messaged recently. I'll grab 5 random messages.

"hello"
"Love to get into your pants lol mmmm!" - (From a 56 year old... yuck!)
"Hi"
"Want to sit on me and ride me as long as you want?" (pass)
"hi miss i think tooooo much sometimes it gives me a headache.lol"

And people wonder why they don't get replied to.

I rarely receive these kinds of messages. Definitely not the 2nd or 4th one. Sometimes I get cut & paste ones but usually I get well thought out ones. It might have something to do with the fact that my account is old-ish, but I'm sure even when I first joined I got mostly good messages (and a lot more of them!).



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,937
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

26 Dec 2012, 2:29 am

MacDragard wrote:
40%?! For a guy, that's pretty damn good. Most guys only receive a less than 2% response rate.

Of course, OkCupid is one of the easier dating sites to connect with women on. On Match, I feel sometimes that the women are too preppy/stuck-up, especially the hot ones, but I also have to take into consideration that over half the women on Match who posted profiles don't have a paid account and thus can't reply. Same thing with eHarmony. Nevertheless, I've messaged and have met women from all three sites. I haven't used POF much yet, but I know there are a lot of hotties on there.


Check IrishTusk's okc profile, it's pretty good - arrogant but it's definetly working.