Girls- do you get feel your not like the others?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2012, 9:36 am

I sat and opened presents yesteday to find as I do most years that I don't actually care for the the things I always get, I am not a fan of jewellery and make up and soap and all that sort of thing. I also don't feel in general that I am like the other girls my age, make up and nail varnish and all that sort of thing dont make me feel good, are there other girsl my age who feel the same way>

paris75007
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

I even have NT friends who hate makeup and only wear comfy clothes...one didn't even wear makeup on her wedding day. It makes you feel weird now because teenage girls put so much importance on blending in with the crowd, but when you get a little older, it won't matter as much. I promise :) Most guys I know don't care one way or the other whether their girlfriends/wives wear makeup or dress a certain way. .

AerOHead
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2012, 3:38 pm

OK, I'm an Aspie guy so that may play into my opinions, but I've never quite gotten on board with the whole concept of dolling yourself up -- and that applies to guys and gals both. Just be who you are! (Cleanliness and hygiene should factor into that picture, though!) Personally, the less makeup a girl is wearing, the more I like it, I'm just not big on the Bozo the Clown face. A couple of times I was shocked at the sight of the person next to me when I woke up in the morning! ("I went to bed with THAT??") I say to go with whatever feels good, that's my two cents' worth.

Confuddlement
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2012, 8:02 pm

I hate make up, it is like wearing a mask. I cannot stand the texture of it. My parents have accepted that now and this year I got a jigsaw for Christmas - finally, result!!

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2012, 9:07 pm

I suppose I'm rather lucky as I got books regarding my special interest and manga. Some clothes too.
Nail polish I dislike wearing because when it gets chipped I scratch it off and my nails feel bad after I do that. I only wear make up for ballet recitals, in that case it feels ok. The make up worn by my class mates feels bad. I hate lip gloss because I think shiny lips look greasy and it feels greasy and I hate slimey or greasy feelings. Jewelery is pretty and i like it and sometimes buy it but I rarely wear it and then I lose my jewelery and feel upset. I would not say I am a typical girl in my class. My friends (well friend because only half of my friends are in my grade) are not either.

TheBlueEyedAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2013, 3:22 pm

When I saw the title of this thread I zapped straight to it, because I've had wanted to start up a thread with this kind of conversation but just didn't know how. But, I just wanted to share some suspicious things about myself that I wanted to know if... you feel the same way or know of someone who does.

I have not a feminine bone in my body. Having no tolerance for make up or putting on girls' clothes, no interrest in jewlery, beauty magezines, nail care (painting, pedicures & manicures, filing, etc.) I don't even cross my legs or fold my hands. I actually show more masculine interrests and postures. I've even have been fussed at from my mother for not sitting lady-like but resting the side of my foot on the oppisote knee or leaning foreward propping my elbows on my knees. Feminine views, opinions, even dialogue isn't natural to me! I've never said the word gorgeous to someone else or fabulous or even LOL! I usually say dude, man, awesome or..haha...my favorite, rightous. But it'll go even deeper then just not having feminine opinions or views. It's how strong the masculine views I have catches my attention! I'm not really...attracted to broad chests and strong arms and legs as much as I envy having them. I'm trying not to sound too rediculous, but I havn't shared this with ANYONE. A day after my sixteenth birthday (I'm sixteen right now) I found out what all of these feelings could mean for myself. And, I wasn't horrified, just a bit stunned and scared. I have a reason to be. It's not very socially accepted but I do feel strongly about it. If anyone understands or knows of this...gender....mismatch PM me or message back. :?:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

15 Feb 2013, 7:57 pm

Dipping into a specific role in society and trying to fit in are just tiring. I rarely put makeup on, because I'm prone to ruining it. I don't wear Forever 21 or pay $200+ dollars for a pair of shoes. I certainly don't go about finding the "in" crowd. I guess I just value more than that.

I could never replace my crazy best friends. :lol:

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 10:35 pm

AerOHead wrote:
OK, I'm an Aspie guy so that may play into my opinions, but I've never quite gotten on board with the whole concept of dolling yourself up -- and that applies to guys and gals both. Just be who you are! (Cleanliness and hygiene should factor into that picture, though!) Personally, the less makeup a girl is wearing, the more I like it, I'm just not big on the Bozo the Clown face. A couple of times I was shocked at the sight of the person next to me when I woke up in the morning! ("I went to bed with THAT??") I say to go with whatever feels good, that's my two cents' worth.

Yeah, I don't get the whole deal with makeup, either. How is it supposed to be pretty? Aside from maybe some really light eyeliner, makeup distracts from a girl's real beauty. And I would never kiss a girl with wet lipstick/lipgloss on :eew:. That's such a 10-year-old thing to say, but I'll never get over that aversion. Not that I'll be kissing any girls anytime soon. 8)

And nail decorations? Don't even get me started.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 8:53 am

PixieXW wrote:
I sat and opened presents yesteday to find as I do most years that I don't actually care for the the things I always get, I am not a fan of jewellery and make up and soap and all that sort of thing. I also don't feel in general that I am like the other girls my age, make up and nail varnish and all that sort of thing dont make me feel good, are there other girsl my age who feel the same way>

I feel like you! Some people gave such presents to me, too. But I didn´t like them and don´t do it until now. I always give this make-up presents to my younger sister. She likes it. I am happy when I get a book as a present. It makes more sense for me because it is much better than jewellery and I will use it. I hate it to wear jewellery.

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2013, 7:53 pm

TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread I zapped straight to it, because I've had wanted to start up a thread with this kind of conversation but just didn't know how. But, I just wanted to share some suspicious things about myself that I wanted to know if... you feel the same way or know of someone who does.

I have not a feminine bone in my body. Having no tolerance for make up or putting on girls' clothes, no interrest in jewlery, beauty magezines, nail care (painting, pedicures & manicures, filing, etc.) I don't even cross my legs or fold my hands. I actually show more masculine interrests and postures. I've even have been fussed at from my mother for not sitting lady-like but resting the side of my foot on the oppisote knee or leaning foreward propping my elbows on my knees. Feminine views, opinions, even dialogue isn't natural to me! I've never said the word gorgeous to someone else or fabulous or even LOL! I usually say dude, man, awesome or..haha...my favorite, rightous. But it'll go even deeper then just not having feminine opinions or views. It's how strong the masculine views I have catches my attention! I'm not really...attracted to broad chests and strong arms and legs as much as I envy having them. I'm trying not to sound too rediculous, but I havn't shared this with ANYONE. A day after my sixteenth birthday (I'm sixteen right now) I found out what all of these feelings could mean for myself. And, I wasn't horrified, just a bit stunned and scared. I have a reason to be. It's not very socially accepted but I do feel strongly about it. If anyone understands or knows of this...gender....mismatch PM me or message back. :?:

It sounds like you're transgender.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 5:38 pm

Dragoness wrote:
TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:

It sounds like you're transgender.

I like to play with gender roles. For Halloween, I dressed up as a boy.
In seventh grade, we had an "acting" class and for improv, I would sometimes play guy roles for kicks.
I used to be far more feminine in my youth.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2013, 4:54 am

I look at other girls my age at school and they are so different to me.

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jun 2013, 5:09 am

I have started wearing lipgloss and dresses lately in order to stand out in a good way, but the other day on my birthday I got all this video game stuff. While I'm grateful because it's stuff I like, I sort of wish I'd asked for stuff regular girls get, like clothes, makeup etc. because I want to be myself, but a prettier version of myself, if that's understandable at all.

joannaaleksandra
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jul 2013, 2:07 pm

I hate make-up, when I wear it I feel uncomfortable, like I was wearing a wax mask and I get allergic reactions to most of it, but veeery rarely, I wear purple eyeshadow.
I also feel weird having a feminine body, it feels like my hips and breasts were externally attached to my body.

CallMeHypo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2013, 7:27 pm

TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:

Whoa, now hold on! Now where have some of the traits you have listed sounded familiar before...
Some of this sounds exactly like me...
In fact, it sounds almost spot-on...

I wonder if I had finally found someone I could relate to on terms of gender identification and different trains of thought...

MathematicalOwl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2013, 9:42 am

My grandmother gives me things that she expects me to like, such as makeup, handbags, jewellery or dresses. I usually end up putting it in the cupboard and forgetting about it for a few years. The last time I wore a dress was several years ago at my aunt's wedding. I don't really dislike dresses, but I prefer not to wear them. I hate wearing makeup though. It feels weird. In small amounts, it can make someone look nicer, but too many people spread it on their faces like butter on toast.
When I was in primary school, most of the girls wanted to be princesses. I wanted to be a fighter pilot. I was interested in fairies for a while, but I was more interested in maths, tanks and military aircraft. And I hated shopping and pink clothes.
Everyone thought I'd change when I went to secondary school, and become obsessed with what I looked like, spend hours shopping and trying on clothes, but it hasn't happened.
And then my grandmother says she wants to talk about 'girly things', and I'm terrified.
So no, I'm not really like other girls.