Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 4:05 pm

Has anyone else seen this? Do you think that perhaps mermaids really do exist? Or was it made up? I'm inclined to think that perhaps they do exist. As to whether or not we should find them, although I would love to see one and learn more, perhaps we should leave them alone. No good ever comes when you cross paths with humanity. But if the theory that perhaps we are descended from a common ancestor is true, do you suppose that they are 'intelligent' creatures? Perhaps intelligent enough that maybe they know it's best to stay hidden.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 9:15 pm

"Mermaids: The Body Found" was a fictional documentary-style television film that aired on June 17, 2012 on the Discovery Channel. It told the story of a fictional scientific team's investigative efforts to uncover the source behind mysterious underwater recordings and an unidentified marine body. The show uses the "Aquatic Ape Hypothesis" as "evidence" ( :roll: ) that mermaids exist, along with a doctored video.

Anything related to the Discovery Channel is automatically suspect, and the scientific team itself was fake. This means that the entire premise of the video was pure, made-up fiction.

Nothing more to see here, folks. Move along...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:43 pm

They have a creepy Fijian Merman at the alligator farm in Hot Springs,Ark.It's like the one mentioned in a X -Files episode.I'm sure it's a fake but when I saw it as a child it scared the heck out of me. 8O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
They have a creepy Fijian Merman at the alligator farm in Hot Springs,Ark.It's like the one mentioned in a X -Files episode.I'm sure it's a fake but when I saw it as a child it scared the heck out of me. 8O

I saw that episode. Do you mean that this "Fijian Merman" is nothing more than a man with physical deformities and possibly scars from third-degree burns all over his body?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:56 pm

^^^^^^And they glued a Bass skeleton to his ass.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 3:27 pm

Now I feel very stupid. :oops: I should have guessed.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 3:38 pm

Don't,some of those "mockumentaries" look real.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Dec 2012, 4:36 am

I heard there's a rare medical disorder called Mermaid Syndrome where a persons legs are stuck together. Maybe it looks like a flipper which would give others the idea that the person is part fish

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 11:26 am

nick007 wrote:
I heard there's a rare medical disorder called Mermaid Syndrome where a persons legs are stuck together. Maybe it looks like a flipper which would give others the idea that the person is part fish

Sirenomelia is a real medical disorder. Sometimes it's just the skin that's fused, and the corrective surgery is relatively simple. Sometimes the muscles are fused and the corrective surgery becomes more complicated. Sometimes even the leg bones are fused and corrective surgery is nigh impossible.

Here is a link to a Wikipedia article on Sirenomelia. WARNING: There are graphic images that may be upsetting to some embedded in the article.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 11:35 am

Dear Fnord;
Thank you for the information, however, it is just heartbreaking.....

Those poor parents!

Sylkat