Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 1:34 am

I have noticed people seem to use the word alpha a lot on this forum, alpha is a term that was coined by pick up artists but it's actually to do with zoology. People aren't one dimensional and there are so many variables that applying narrow terms to humans simply doesn't work. It's a concept from zoology that was misunderstood by creeps in the pick up artist community and they used it to sell their books and seminars to other guys who don't know how to talk to girls. Anyone who seriously uses the terms "alpha" and "beta" to describe human social interaction is at best a moron and at worst a socio path.

Pick up artist people are exploiting something that a perfectly good linguistics expert or doctor could teach you for much much less. Stop defining yourself with narrow labels or listening to pick up artist bull and start realizing people aren't one dimensional and realize there are many variables in human behaviour. Do this and you might start having better social interactions.

Some of you need to realize that it isn't your lack of looks, your lack of wealth and lack of power that is preventing you from being successful with people. You need to stop using them as an excuse and realize that it is your social difficulties that is affecting your ability to start and maintain relationships. Not every girl is looking a guy with a big bank balance or a guy with 20 inch biceps, if you have those goals, aim to achieve them for yourself and not to impress someone else.

Shizz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2012, 1:39 am

true alphas make a lot of money and are leaders but they can disguise themselves online better than IRL

An alpha male should be able to support at least one family, so if the guy is playing like one he's probably a jestor who is more like a gay male wanting toodles by making lame jokes and such, also his personality is more shifty than a real leader that can actually make things happen

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 1:41 am

So notes I have taken from this rant.

- Not every hot girl is with someone that has 22 inch biceps like Arnold Schwarzenegger or as rich as Donald Trump.
- A good linguistics doctor or expert could teach you what a PUA can at a far cheaper price and probably better.
- Most social problems occur because of AS, an attractive AS person can get casual sex and one night stands but maintaining and developing relationships is a social problem.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 1:47 am

You're taking notes of your own rant? :lol:

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 1:50 am

PUA cannot replace what is purely raw experience and does not take into consideration what it means to go out, get knocked down a few times and succeed on others. PUA is purely unnatural and asks men to do things that are outside of their personality, such as be "cocky & funny" instead of focusing on their strengths.

Actually, most social problems occur because of the clear disconnect between the male mind and the female mind. Women are emotional creatures and will do things that are totally illogical for illogial reasons.

Shizz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2012, 2:02 am

if you cast a big net to get a lot of fish, you'll be disappointed with what you caught for the most part, but if you focus and use more skill you can zero in on what you want and then once you get it appreciate it so you can be most happy, the thrill is in the chase really and more so in how you handle what you get

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:03 am

Shizz wrote:
true alphas make a lot of money and are leaders but they can disguise themselves online better than IRL

Not necessarily, money isn't a good indicator of character. Money can be stolen, inherited or obtained through being ruthless to others so money isn't necessarily the defining factor when it comes to character and integrity.

Shizz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2012, 2:07 am

testosterone is a chemical and we just feel it so if you fake it it's like bad jokes and trying too hard, the proof is in the pudding. How much money do you make? I"m so done with losers. I fell for a loser that all the online trolls liked and they all are just friggin poor and weak. Sorry to be so judmental but it's true. They jerk off to each other and get high and at the end of the day, they still weak and poor.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:20 am

Shizz wrote:
testosterone is a chemical and we just feel it so if you fake it it's like bad jokes and trying too hard, the proof is in the pudding. How much money do you make? I"m so done with losers. I fell for a loser that all the online trolls liked and they all are just friggin poor and weak. Sorry to be so judmental but it's true. They jerk off to each other and get high and at the end of the day, they still weak and poor.

People can be poor financially but rich in other ways and there are many forms of strength, a single mother that supports her family can be strong, a person with many great responsibilities can show strength in how they handle those responsibilities, a person acknowledging they have a weakness as such as an eating disorder or mental health issue can be strong for doing so.

I'm 220 lbs and aiming to be 250lbs by Summer, does that make me better than others? Of course not, it's something I enjoy pursuing passionately and I know that there are many types of strength.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:20 am

Shizz wrote:

And THAT is why PUA exists. as*holes and jerks who thrive by a peacocking display of confidence, authority and power... many (fortunately not all or even most) women just go nuts for it! ...at least long enough for him to get her in the sack then go scurrying off before she comes to the realization he was not the powerful man he appeared to be.

Unfortunately, so many of us are kind, gentle and loving people and aggressors often knock us down to boost themselves up, even as adults in the workplace. So we are the "weak" ones you refer to. Having AS lowers the ability to effectively use words to defend ourselves against our adult bullies. Our unwillingness to BE the same jerks that hurt us also makes us appear weak to those people who only desire power (or a powerful mate.)

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:25 am

BlueMax wrote:
Having AS lowers the ability to effectively use words to defend ourselves against our adult bullies. Our unwillingness to BE the same jerks that hurt us also makes us appear weak to those people who only desire power (or a powerful mate.)

I found weightlifting and boxing did help a lot in this area but trouble breeds trouble. If I beat one person in a fight, they would come back in greater numbers and I have been jumped by large gangs in the past. I think it's a case of being able to wisely counter any aggressive behaviour in the workplace but it's also important not to become part of predatory hierarchy.

There are always going to be social cliques and predatory hierarchies in social dynamics of large people so it's difficult, you either have to join one or be a lone wolf.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:52 am

This thread is yet one more example of false modesty being displayed.

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2012, 2:53 am

With it using scientific terminology, would it fair to call PUA a pseudoscience?

Wolfheart wrote:
I have noticed people seem to use the word alpha a lot on this forum, alpha is a term that was coined by pick up artists but it's actually to do with zoology. People aren't one dimensional and there are so many variables that applying narrow terms to humans simply doesn't work. It's a concept from zoology that was misunderstood by creeps in the pick up artist community and they used it to sell their books and seminars to other guys who don't know how to talk to girls. Anyone who seriously uses the terms "alpha" and "beta" to describe human social interaction is at best a moron and at worst a socio path.

Before I heard about PUA, the only time I hear the ethological terms "alpha" and "beta" in reference to humans was in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:54 am

Wolfheart wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Having AS lowers the ability to effectively use words to defend ourselves against our adult bullies. Our unwillingness to BE the same jerks that hurt us also makes us appear weak to those people who only desire power (or a powerful mate.)

I found weightlifting and boxing did help a lot in this area but trouble breeds trouble. If I beat one person in a fight, they would come back in greater numbers and I have been jumped by large gangs in the past. I think it's a case of being able to wisely counter any aggressive behaviour in the workplace but it's also important not to become part of predatory hierarchy.

There are always going to be social cliques and predatory hierarchies in social dynamics of large people so it's difficult, you either have to join one or be a lone wolf.

Regarding the weight lifting, it's psychological more than the actual muscles. A certain mindset comes from it, hormones also change. The muscles also help people deal with us much differently instinctually. People are less willing to do anything to offend some big jacked dude vs some flabby dude or a twig. Longterm relationships, it's less of a factor, but in casual interactions and first impressions, yeah, it's got a pretty huge affect. Basically, it gives you claws. You don't have to use the claws, but having them is quite nice. Basically, as the Teddy Roosevelt saying goes "Walk softly, and carry a big stick."

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 3:05 am

MCalavera wrote:
This thread is yet one more example of false modesty being displayed.

And you are basing that on what exactly? These are my observations I have made and I'm tired of people on here whining about external reasons being the factor in why they can't get a date or any action when it is a social problem. People aren't predetermined by destiny to spend their life alone, there are support groups and linguistics experts that are willing to help people if people are willing to put in the time and effort. Does that mean they won't face rejection? Of course not, does that mean they won't find it difficult? Of course not. Socializing and maintaining relationships are naturally hard for those of us on the spectrum but that's life, we have to deal with it or we can run away from it.

I agree, there are some external things that are important such as staying groomed, working out regularly, being able to drive and supporting yourself or a family with a partner but some of the absurd things I hear are ridiculous and some men are under the impression that they need to be Brad Pitt in the looks department, Arnold Schwarzenegger in the muscle department and Donald Trump in the financial department to get anywhere with women.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 3:13 am

1000Knives wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

Regarding the weight lifting, it's psychological more than the actual muscles. A certain mindset comes from it, hormones also change. The muscles also help people deal with us much differently instinctually. People are less willing to do anything to offend some big jacked dude vs some flabby dude or a twig. Longterm relationships, it's less of a factor, but in casual interactions and first impressions, yeah, it's got a pretty huge affect. Basically, it gives you claws. You don't have to use the claws, but having them is quite nice. Basically, as the Teddy Roosevelt saying goes "Walk softly, and carry a big stick."

That's a good point, people think twice about starting anything when you have a bigger build.

Christian Bale at 220lbs in Batman Begins is big compared to the average person.

An IFBB pro like this is considered a monster.