Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 9:15 pm

I don't mean in a romantic way. But for some reason alot of guys like to talk to me. Nearly ever male friend I have is basically
is guy who tell me all about their hobbies,their interest or adventures.
I remember this one friend and all he ever talk about was his camping adventure. most of them just had a single topic and that all they talked about.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

No sadly. I think I creep people out or don't seem approachable. I did a speech on killers and was all giddy and laughing excited to give it and a guy said 'calm down you seem a bit too excited about it." But IMO serial killers are a special interest somewhat (less so than the past since they are taboo to talk about) compared to comic heroes,art,music. How about Dahmer,Bundy,Manson or that Adam Lanza shooter! Ya people get freaked out by me and my interests LOL! :-)

VAGraduateStudent
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

I have an aspie family member who is extraordinarily likeable to other dudes and this is sometimes very stressful to him. His special interests are very interesting to other people (tattoos, heavy metal, ancient civilizations, conspiracies), so guys love to talk to him. Sometimes it's hard for him to deal with how much other guys want to hang out with him because he can only take so much social time.

It's funny what Zeldapsychology was saying about creeping people out with his (?) interests. When I was a teenager serial killers and gore core was all the rage and it was perfectly acceptable to have that as a special interest. Being interested in that kind of thing in no way meant that you condoned hurting living things or any other sort of crime. The world is just different now.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

I get approached by guys yes. But only known acquaintances at work. The social thing happens in the lift, or in the kitchen at work, other than that, outside of work... no unless if it is perhaps a waiter. I speculate that I appear closed off. If I go to social gatherings, people want to talk to me, but I can't seem to join their conversation, I just find it boring honestly. Then I hear them making mistakes like where they saw me last... but I think that is perhaps a trick they use to get you to talk to them and then correct them, or assist them in where they saw you. But I just keep quiet and wait for the conversation to go in a direction where I can join. I can't seem to talk about my self a lot. Only correcting people... :?