'The Undateables' - UK TV series

Page 19 of 20 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 9:29 am

Stalk wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Richard needs speech therapy to give him a deeper, more manly voice - I think that would help him a lot

Lol at your response to the girl in the wheelchair - why should she feel pathetically grateful to her boyfriend??
He's the one probably punching above his league in terms of her looks if anything! She certainly doesn't have to
feel 'grateful' to him, they are equals!

It makes me laugh how judgemental people are about disability - even those with a disability themselves!

well she seems normal/NT and there is a reason why her so called sweet heart left. As you said, she is in a so called different league. If she is going to stop appreciating him, for him, never mind him being below her score rating. Then this guy will leave. I know she doesn't have to be grateful, but if she wants him to stick around... it is just the ugly truth.

I'm still not getting what you mean. They're in love - they want to be together; it's not a matter of him leaving if she doesn't show
'x' amount of appreciation. Their relationship transcends the fact that she is in a wheelchair.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:37 am

nessa238 wrote:
I'm still not getting what you mean. They're in love - they want to be together; it's not a matter of him leaving if she doesn't show
'x' amount of appreciation. Their relationship transcends the fact that she is in a wheelchair.

If that was true, then she wouldn't be on the undatables show to begin with. I'm not saying he isn't attracted to her. He is doing more than what other guys would do for her and he should be appreciated for it. If she expect things and the guy doesn't feel appreciated, he will bail. That goes for any relationship.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:47 am

Stalk wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

If that was true, then she wouldn't be on the undatables show to begin with. I'm not saying he isn't attracted to her. He is doing more than what other guys would do for her and he should be appreciated for it. If she expect things and the guy doesn't feel appreciated, he will bail. That goes for any relationship.

So you think he's doing her some massive favour as being with a person in a wheelchair is some kind of major sacrifice?

:roll:

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 11:36 am

I remind you of the guy with the deformed face, the one with the false eye. He said: I just want to feel like someone's Christmas present. The same should apply to this normal guy. Just because she is in a wheelchair doesn't mean she is exempted.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 11:43 am

Stalk wrote:
I remind you of the guy with the deformed face, the one with the false eye. He said: I just want to feel like someone's Christmas present. The same should apply to this normal guy. Just because she is in a wheelchair doesn't mean she is exempted.

I still don't get the point you are making!

I can't see why the wheelchair is such a deal breaker to people!

Last edited by nessa238 on 25 Feb 2013, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 6:31 pm

does anyone lknow of good proxies for uk sites? i cant watch the beauty and the beast either.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 6:32 pm

nessa238 wrote:
Stalk wrote:

can or can't you typed can'.
i wouldnt want someone in a wheelchair, just my shallowness.
I can' see why the wheelchair is such a deal breaker to people!

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 6:49 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Stalk wrote:

can or can't you typed can'.
i wouldnt want someone in a wheelchair, just my shallowness.
I can' see why the wheelchair is such a deal breaker to people!

It wouldn't bother me but imo most people in wheelchairs wouldn't find me to their liking anyway as I am
very introverted, pessimistic, cynical and anti-establishment ie most people, wheelchair or not, don't relate to me and vice
versa

From my observations most people in wheelchairs have to develop an extrovert, easy-going persona so by definition
we wouldn't get on

People in wheelchairs are in a small minority too - far smaller than for Aspergers

I've been out with a blind person, a person with psoriasis, a person with Tourette's Syndrome and had 3 dates with a person with cerebral palsy so I am far from being shallow

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 2:30 am

Stalk wrote:
- I know I was harsh with Richard, but in this episode, he was quite funny. I think I understand him better. I guess I was harsh on him, because I probably saw myself in that guy.
- The other Tourette's syndrome guy, he definitely has a hard time. The girl's expression on her face doesn't leave one thinking there is something between them. I could be wrong.
- The down syndrome guy :(
- Shaine... till his next date.
- Physically disabled woman, well I hope she appreciates the guy for sticking around, and remembers it.
did joulie break up with sam

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2013, 3:04 am

nessa238 wrote:
Stalk wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

So you think he's doing her some massive favour as being with a person in a wheelchair is some kind of major sacrifice?

i dunno, is she doing him a massive favor, like being with a person outside your league in looks is a major sacrifice ?

it sounded like what you said was, shes better looking than he can get otherwise so he better just ignore any inconvenience she causes him cuz shes the best hes going to get.

and the reality check is, if he doesnt feel like she appreciates the inconvenience her being in a wheelchair puts him through - its not her fault but it is more trouble than normal or like some1 said, she wouldnt be on the show - hes going to go find some1 who might not be so goodlooking but appreciates him and isnt so much trouble.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 3:15 am

wtfid2 wrote:
did joulie break up with sam

yup, her reasons were, mainly based on his dream and hers not aligning. She mentions that distance was a problem, but if they were to continue to get married as Sam would have wanted to, then it wouldn't have been a problem. My guess is that she didn't want marriage or probably be intimate with him. Maybe the thought scared her too much, will probably never know anyway. That part starts at 37min time mark into the episode. His father says, it was his first love and should open doors to meeting more people as he gained knowledge and experience. I hope he (Sam) doesn't get bitter and focusses on remembering the good experience he had.

periphery
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2013, 5:17 am

I think Sam will move on. He didn't seem too bitter at the end, perhaps because it appeared his Dad had known for a while that they were going to break up and he had kind of prepared him [Sam] for the possibility. It didn't seem quite as out of the blue like they made it seem on the show, by showing them how 'happy' they were together but then all of a sudden it ending.

I thought the whole episode was great! The only person I didn't find that endearing was the girl in the wheelchair, I don't think that she had a lot of trouble finding dates, it was more that she hadn't put herself out there. Sure her first love broke up with her after she was ill but that probably would have happened anyway, first loves don't generally last and you'd have to have a pretty solid relationship to make it through something like that anyway. Actually contrary to what you though, I actually thought the guy was lucky to have her, and if she wasn't in a wheelchair she would be dating someone better than him. She really was stunning.

I was most happy for Shane, he seemed to have gotten much more confidence and I was glad to hear how successful he'd become with his poetry. He really has quite a talent for it, it made me wonder exactly what his learning disability is. Poor Richard is never going to find a women, not when he is secretly crushing on his Mum! I feel bad for his Mum because she clearly realises it's a big problem and yet she is probably mostly responsible for it by not teaching him enough independence when he was younger.

I feel sad the season has ended now, I really enjoyed that show. Thanks again for sharing the last episode [person that did!]

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 5:31 am

periphery wrote:
I think Sam will move on. He didn't seem too bitter at the end, perhaps because it appeared his Dad had known for a while that they were going to break up and he had kind of prepared him [Sam] for the possibility. It didn't seem quite as out of the blue like they made it seem on the show, by showing them how 'happy' they were together but then all of a sudden it ending.

I thought the whole episode was great! The only person I didn't find that endearing was the girl in the wheelchair, I don't think that she had a lot of trouble finding dates, it was more that she hadn't put herself out there. Sure her first love broke up with her after she was ill but that probably would have happened anyway, first loves don't generally last and you'd have to have a pretty solid relationship to make it through something like that anyway. Actually contrary to what you though, I actually thought the guy was lucky to have her, and if she wasn't in a wheelchair she would be dating someone better than him. She really was stunning.

I was most happy for Shane, he seemed to have gotten much more confidence and I was glad to hear how successful he'd become with his poetry. He really has quite a talent for it, it made me wonder exactly what his learning disability is. Poor Richard is never going to find a women, not when he is secretly crushing on his Mum! I feel bad for his Mum because she clearly realises it's a big problem and yet she is probably mostly responsible for it by not teaching him enough independence when he was younger.

I feel sad the season has ended now, I really enjoyed that show. Thanks again for sharing the last episode [person that did!]

I wanted to mention that she came off with this sort of stuck-up/entitlement attitude. Like she could just drop the guy any time and get her self another guy whenever she wants. I'm not sure about the stunning part, but then again you are a woman and most likely because of my preference for other type of women. But your words, of not placing her self out there, explains it better.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 6:04 am

bluerose wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Stalk wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

i dunno, is she doing him a massive favor, like being with a person outside your league in looks is a major sacrifice ?

it sounded like what you said was, shes better looking than he can get otherwise so he better just ignore any inconvenience she causes him cuz shes the best hes going to get.

and the reality check is, if he doesnt feel like she appreciates the inconvenience her being in a wheelchair puts him through - its not her fault but it is more trouble than normal or like some1 said, she wouldnt be on the show - hes going to go find some1 who might not be so goodlooking but appreciates him and isnt so much trouble.

Actually they are a good match in looks in my opinion, I just had some idea NT women might not think him as attractive as the female as my choice in men doesn't often correlate with what NT women find attractive

I thought he was really nice looking myself

I just find it rather ironic that on a board for people with ASD's, people think they have every right to be so damn picky! By that logic none of us should get a look-in as others have every right to say they don't want to go out with an autistic! Luckily not everyone's so shallow so perhaps we need to take a leaf out of their book.

Do as you would be done by in other words!

periphery
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2013, 6:11 am

nessa238 wrote:
bluerose wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Stalk wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Actually they are a good match in looks in my opinion, I just had some idea NT women might not think him as attractive as the female as my choice in men doesn't often correlate with what NT women find attractive

I just find it rather ironic that on a board for people with ASD's, people think they have every right to be so damn picky! By that logic none of us should get a look-in as others have every right to say they don't want to go out with an autistic! Luckily not everyone's so shallow so perhaps we need to take a leaf out of their book.

They're on a reality TV show for pete's sake. If they didn't want to open themselves up to public scrutiny they shouldn't have signed up. It's called the public interest!

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:43 am

periphery wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
bluerose wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Stalk wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

They're on a reality TV show for pete's sake. If they didn't want to open themselves up to public scrutiny they shouldn't have signed up. It's called the public interest!

That's not the point under debate though