Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Question14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2013, 9:37 am

What do people think of deism? if you don't know what i am talking about ask and someone will explain it better than me.

So, do you think deism is good? is it any different to theism? whats your opinion?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 10:04 am

Look at new age/theosophy for an understanding of how active deism works. Its like having a buddhist structure, calling God the core of everything, and then saying that this entire universe is a learning/experience apparatus where everything is as it should be. In that sense that particular god's activity/passivity would be irrelevant because it would be both simultaneously.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 11:31 am

AFAIK, deism is quite compatible with science, so I have no particular beef with it.

And apparently, deism reject the whole "in-errancy of scripture" argument. Bonus.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:08 pm

Question14 wrote:
What do people think of deism? if you don't know what i am talking about ask and someone will explain it better than me.

So, do you think deism is good? is it any different to theism? whats your opinion?

If one must embrace some for of supernaturalism, the Deism is a very reasonable choice.

Deists tend to be reasonable unobnoxious folk.

ruveyn