Do you ever gets waves of intense anger?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

metalab
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2013, 11:19 pm

I've been noticing something about myself, I periodically go through periods of just intense anger and agitation. It's partially related to a meltdown of some sort, but where meltdowns used be over-exhaustion and over-stimulation, I notice sometimes I just get angry.

All the stress and instability of my work piles up. Being alone piles up. The way people are, or wrong things I've done just pile up in my head. Then I just get angry at culture and can hardly tolerate existing, and just shut down.

Does anyone else ever have such feelings?

Pip
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2013, 11:26 pm

I experience similar feelings frequently, but I suffer from PTSD as well as my AS. I feel that much of my anger "waves" are due to my being overwhelmed by the symptoms of my PTSD (flashbacks, nightmares, etc.)

compiledkernel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2013, 11:26 pm

I normally only get those during a meltdown condition.

And then I try very hard to suppress it, so that it doesnt affect others.

I think in reality it comes down to a frustration more than waves of anger though, typically because Im not communicating right.

PMs are fine, but my answers are probably going to be weird.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 12:13 am

Yes.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 7:41 am

Yes, it happens to me quite much.

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2013, 12:25 am

Yes when I get into loop thought about the injustice that has happened to me. I then end up breaking things and hurting my wifes feelings.

You are very likely an Aspie

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 1:35 am

Oh yes, I have bouts of very intense anger.

I always had a flash temper, but from somewhere in my teen years I developed a feeling of anger that was just under the surface all the time, waiting to explode. Getting dx'ed and understanding my life better helped, but it's still there underneath the surface.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Jan 2013, 4:24 am

I'd say I probably do. I'll get agitated or annoyed over something and then everything will both me, I don't know if this is uncommon. If it is something so angering or I work myself up over it, it will effect how I carry myself for days.

Aperture
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 1:30 pm

Yes, I sometimes get waves of intense anger that pulse through me until it feels like I'm going to explode. As others on this thread have mentioned, it often has to do with a sense of perceived injustice, anger towards your culture, other people, etc. It can get especially bad when it feels like several things are "piling up" on you.

I'm usually pretty good about not acting on the anger, but on rare occasions (maybe a couple of times of year) I've gotten overwhelmed and yelled loud enough to peel paint off the walls. I've made a commitment to not do that anymore, though, so hopefully it won't be happening again.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:34 pm

I have always struggled with this, especially as I passed through puberty and into adulthood. I am quite good these days at 'ignoring' the injustice or rudeness which goes on around me, except I am only good at hiding my actual feelings of anger on the surface. There has been an ongoing issue with a resident at our house who is being incredibly rude to staff and other residents and for ages I have been trying to stay calm, but my brain is still raging inside. Yesterday I flipped after she called me 'mental'. Doubt she'll ever do that again... :evil:

HumanStone
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jun 2013, 2:31 pm

ya sure I do.Everyday!

But considering my background,my friend circle,my habits in the past if I could not control them today,there would be a Mafia in the making.I don't give a damn if I become one of the highly educated Mafia don.

When you feel angry hot your palm with a punch.It makes me feel better,sometime I my palm hits someone's face too.

It's life,s-t happens dear.

Cheers!

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 3:23 pm

Yes, and when it occurs I'm often accused of having odd facial expressions.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 4:25 pm

Murderface wrote:
Yes when I get into loop thought about the injustice that has happened to me. I then end up breaking things and hurting my wifes feelings.

My husband does this. We have holes in the wall, our refrigerator door doesn't close properly, and lots of things are dented in our house. He has nearly squished any feelings I have for him by doing this because I am easily frightened.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 4:27 am

Yes, I do. The fact about having Asperger's sometimes just gets on top of me, and I get really angry about it. The feeling of being socially awkward, ignored, unable to fit in, being defined as ''odd'', and having unique behaviour at home, really gets me down.
Also sometimes I feel like I am unfixable. I cannot change. I get a certain stress or anxiety that sort of molds itself into the depths of my mind and I can't stop myself from letting the situation get to me, and suddenly I base most of my thoughts, feelings, behaviour, and routine all around this anxiety that has molded itself deep in my mind. It then becomes an obsession (but not ''special interest'' like, more like an anxiety obsession). Then it all builds up, and I lash out, yelling things I shouldn't, and becoming all angry about it.

gdgt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2013, 7:44 am

Yep, I get anger that just comes out of nowhere. It is usually related to sensory overload or sleep deprivation, but I never see it coming quickly enough to stop it. I punched a wall a few weeks ago and had to walk around with scabbed-up knuckles. Often, I lose control at the supermarket and yell at my husband for something silly, such as not unloading the cart quickly enough. Thankfully, I have never hurt anyone.

This is one of the reasons I have chosen to try some medication (klonopin), in an effort to keep me calm when I have to face stressful situations. With two small children, I do not want to set the example of angry outbursts, yelling, etc.

I would theorize that some on the spectrum are less able to recognize their emotions until they reach peak intensity? I feel like that is the case with me. I don't feel any emotion over things other people seem to, like if a friend's relative dies... I know I am supposed to feel sad, but all I really feel is awkwardness over how to respond to them when I don't actually feel anything! Also, when people ask me how I "feel" I usually don't have a clue what to say.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 7:59 am

I don't hurt anyone either. I hurt myself, but never anyone else. My parents don't get scared of me in that way, so if I was having one of my angry outbursts and there was a kitchen knife near, nobody would be afraid of me picking up the knife and stabbing myself or someone else. The intention doesn't enter my head, even when angry and lacking self-control.